Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone of who has been following the Dutch league and especially Ajax for over 30 years I have to say that Dolberg is something special. I have rarely seen anything like him. Extremely talented in almost every aspect of his trade. Milik and Janssen do not even compare.

I don't think Everton would be able to sign him though.

Mins me asking what makes him so special? His scoring rate this far doesn't stand out in the Dutch league or stand out amongst any striker Ajax have had. Also why would you think Everton wouldn't be able to sign him?

I half agree on Koulibaly but, Napoli's president himself has confirmed we bid on two separate occasions (as in he'd confirmed it twice, not that we bid twice).
Do you have a credible journalistic source that specifically states that Delaurentis confirmed a bid as opposed to general interest?
He's certainly confirmed bids from Chelsea. Koulibaly's agent himself seems to suggest that he was aware of interest but not of a bid, “Everton? We knew of interest from Everton, but if there was anything transfer wise you would need to ask De Laurentiis."

#

Honestly mate? Don't think we were ever really in for Berhimi. Just seems to be another fernando/negredo type deal that we all believed to be real before it just turned to nothing.

Gabbiadani i could see having interest, needed a back up to perez and he was mentioned a fair bit. Sissoko, yes i do believe we panic bid for him, but ala valencia, a player we didn't want to sign but kenwright being in charge just panicked.

Time will tell if Moshiri is different, have always maintained i can only base my opinion of things on the here and now, not the what could be's, which right now, the summer played out exactly how it normally does. It could change, it could change next month or next summer, and i really hope it does change. But then at the same time as mentioned once the spades in the ground in regards to the stadium, then sell to buy becomes real again, so if this bigger budget does not materialise before then, it would be very easy to keep thinking that nothing has changed, when the club sold us the tag 'nothing will be the same'.

In terms of our interest, i think it was still bargain hunting tbh, which in the case of the players linked and any truth in them, wasn't necessarily a bad thing. Witsel certainly a bargain if he had come here and as you say you think we had more interest in other players. I'm personally not buying what if's anymore from the club, and if that makes me very cynacle as a result then so be it. I don't believe it was bad luck in the summer, but if there was truth in the stories and whatever else, i believe one of the main factors would have been Kenwright being a terrible negotiator.
Strongly agree with almost all of this and I'll add that the source of the £100m budget reports was Moshiri who wanted to generate buzz and expected to pick up a bargain like Witsel and explain away the rest of the unspent £100m with 'we tried'.
Still v glad he's here but think it's obvious he's given to BS when it suits his agenda. The £60m bid :-) Koulibaly's agent said,
"I don't know of a €75 million demand. The President has always said that Kalidou was not for sale."
We lodged a serious £60m bid but the player's agent was unaware of it? Hmmm.

Cor, the years of doom have really taken it's toll on you.

Rest assured, we will spend and we will spend big. Was too much too soon this summer. Now we have had Koemi and Walshy in place for a few months, the whole thing will sail through.

You don't know the half of it mate...but your 100% correct in the assumption

Mins me asking what makes him so special? His scoring rate this far doesn't stand out in the Dutch league or stand out amongst any striker Ajax have had. Also why would you think Everton wouldn't be able to sign him?

Zlatan only scored 13 goals max at Ajax. Goalscoring statistics are a poor measure for ability. If that's all you're looking at you'll end up with players like Kezman, Ruiz, Altidore, Alves, etc. Other than that, 10 goals and 3 assists in 12 starts is pretty good for a 19 year old that just made his debut a few months ago.

As far as his skills go, he's got it all. He's fast, strong, intelligent, creative, technically exquisite, hard and accurate shot, goalscoring instinct, good in 1-on-1, strong link up play and a good header.

There are a couple of reasons why I don't think the move is likely. 1) Just last week he expressed his desire to stay at least a couple of years. He wants to be sure of playing time. 2) He has a contract till 2021. 3) Ajax just sold Milik for 34 million and are the most financially healthy club in Europe. 4) Every big club in Europe follows him and has been linked with him.

So unless Everton are willing to go absolutely crazy on both transfer fee and salary I don't see it happening.

Zlatan only scored 13 goals max at Ajax. Goalscoring statistics are a poor measure for ability. If that's all you're looking at you'll end up with players like Kezman, Ruiz, Altidore, Alves, etc. Other than that, 10 goals and 3 assists in 12 starts is pretty good for a 19 year old that just made his debut a few months ago.

As far as his skills go, he's got it all. He's fast, strong, intelligent, creative, technically exquisite, hard and accurate shot, goalscoring instinct, good in 1-on-1, strong link up play and a good header.

There are a couple of reasons why I don't think the move is likely. 1) Just last week he expressed his desire to stay at least a couple of years. He wants to be sure of playing time. 2) He has a contract till 2021. 3) Ajax just sold Milik for 34 million and are the most financially healthy club in Europe. 4) Every big club in Europe follows him and has been linked with him.

So unless Everton are willing to go absolutely crazy on both transfer fee and salary I don't see it happening.

Manchester City scout Sebastian Arnesen has confirmed the club are keeping tabs on Ajax forward Kasper Dolberg.

As written about here, Dolberg, 19, has been impressing in the Eredivisie this season and is top of the scoring charts after a hat-trick at the weekend.

Arnesen has told Danish publication BT: "We are keeping a very close eye on him, and when the time is right we’ll make a decision on whether we should act. He has a huge potential. He is tall, strong, brave and quick.

“He has an excellent touch, can play with his back to the goal and take the right decisions. And he can finish anywhere in the field. He is so special, and therefore he is of course also on the radar.”

Hes rubbish.

The lads hit a purple patch and people have their willys out.

Colour me impressed if hes still banging em this time next year.

The Dutch league is not the best indicator of a player's ability to make it in the premier league.

see Jansen, Fer, etc very difficult to judge until he steps up in ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back