Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
If, we are interested in Ivanovic, I think it means the club wants to facilitate Jags wish to go somewhere to play every Saturday..we may even get a fee.

Ivanovic comes in to act as cover for Holgate, Williams and Funes Mori , maybe even Browning.
Would he be so bad as a fourth or fifth choice defender until the summer

On a free as an experienced head wouldn't be the worst I think, but I'm not sure how much he'd have to offer

Honestly instead of the rumoured sending Pennington out on loan I'd rather we simply bring him back to the senior set up. He's got the chops for senior football IMO

On a free as an experienced head wouldn't be the worst I think, but I'm not sure how much he'd have to offer

Honestly instead of the rumoured sending Pennington out on loan I'd rather we simply bring him back to the senior set up. He's got the chops for senior football IMO
Mikey, I think Pennington is the player that people like Unsworth expects to step up to the first team. In preseason he was being used more and more until the injury.
I can't see him getting much football at Goodison until the end of the season but would benefit from a lot of games and be ready to challenge at the start of next season.

I'd have Rooney just to have him, but only at a reasonable wage

To be honest he'd only be in the way of lads like Lookman and Calvert-Lewin at this stage, even if they could learn a lot from him

It's difficult. I think for the first time ever he'd want the move more than we would
Its a good point, but think he would have a lot to offer on and off the pitch.

Here's my argument against Ivanovic:

Look for the defender who Lukaku fakes onto the floor, then ambles in behind Rom and doesn't make any sort of play.

He is better than jags

Really? He's big and annoying. Personally I hate his guts but he's the type of player you want in there to piss people off but he's gotta be past it now.

A very strange one. On one hand I can see it, on the other it sounds like press rubbish.

It's got old Everotn written all over it. But we aren't that person any more.

We're one Williams injury away from a defensive nightmare. If Jags is off then Ivanovic on a free makes sense in the short term. Even with Jags, as it stands we play 3 at the back and have four CBS in the squad (one of which is teenager Holgate who is also the cover for RB). I don't know why Galloway isn't being recalled to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back