Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make a big bid for VVD, don't care if he is injured now he will get healthy... gotta hold onto the fact that Koeman and him could have a connection and he can convince him to come here.

Anthony Martial is unhappy with Manchester United and I agree with others that he would be a great pairing with our guys up top. Put in a big offer that they would sniff at and maybe convince him to hand in a transfer request.

Pipe dreams I know, but if a guy working at a Nandos can be so ITK that we get the player he mentions before I find any mention of it anywhere, then anything is possible!

Make a big bid for VVD, don't care if he is injured now he will get healthy... gotta hold onto the fact that Koeman and him could have a connection and he can convince him to come here.

Anthony Martial is unhappy with Manchester United and I agree with others that he would be a great pairing with our guys up top. Put in a big offer that they would sniff at and maybe convince him to hand in a transfer request.

Pipe dreams I know, but if a guy working at a Nandos can be so ITK that we get the player he mentions before I find any mention of it anywhere, then anything is possible!
Didn't Utd pay 54 mil for him, there no way he come to us. i know were rich but i don't see us giving Utd 50 mil for him

The frustrating thing is we are only 1-2 players away from being a genuinely top quality side. Why we aren't spending big on a top quality striker to partner rom and a shrewd solid CB to slide in and replace jags I'll never know. Being realistic say we sign Batshuyai and Van Dijk, we would have:

Robles

Holgate Van Dijk Williams

Coleman Schneiderlein Gueye Baines

Barkley

Lukaku Batshuyai

Easily a side capable of challenging for the top 4

Imo he looked decent for more than a month. For a CB he's still young, with potential and room for improvement. Really think he cpuld do a job for us.

Yes, there are some very good, potentially top class centre halves in some of the less glamorous sides currently.

Only have to look at where we picked Lescott and Jagielka up from, arguably our finest centre half partnership in the last 20+ years.

The frustrating thing is we are only 1-2 players away from being a genuinely top quality side. Why we aren't spending big on a top quality striker to partner rom and a shrewd solid CB to slide in and replace jags I'll never know. Being realistic say we sign Batshuyai and Van Dijk, we would have:

Robles

Holgate Van Dijk Williams

Coleman Schneiderlein Gueye Baines

Barkley

Lukaku Batshuyai

Easily a side capable of challenging for the top 4

VVD I totally agree on. I would even go as far as saying we need a young CB in too (23/24) to grow into Williams role.

Batshuayi has not impressed me though. Looks a bit lightweight in a very strong Chelsea set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back