Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
van_hooijdonk_0.webp
van_hooijdonk_0.webp Is this that bloke Donk we have signed?

VVD I totally agree on. I would even go as far as saying we need a young CB in too (23/24) to grow into Williams role.

Batshuayi has not impressed me though. Looks a bit lightweight in a very strong Chelsea set up.

Long term Van Dijk and Keane would be my two CB targets with one of Pickford or Heaton for GK.

Batshuyai tbf hasn't had much chance under Conte. Martial or Austin are 2 othwr forwards who I think would possibly thrive alongside Rom in a front 2.

Long term Van Dijk and Keane would be my two CB targets with one of Pickford or Heaton for GK.

Batshuyai tbf hasn't had much chance under Conte. Martial or Austin are 2 othwr forwards who I think would possibly thrive alongside Rom in a front 2.
No to Heaton for me out of those two... I would choose Pickford because he is younger and has more of an upside. We would have our keeper for the long term future with him whereas with Heaton it would only be for the short term

That's quite a gap in talent. Austin is getting up there in years and has two knees primed to explode and unless we have an amazing end to our year I can't see Martial being interested in us. Walsh please find the middle ground.

It has been quite an interesting transfer window because we have done some good business early on that has had a positive impact on the first team. They are still clearly looking at players so there may also be some interesting business right at the end.
We have also made moves to trim the squad a little, getting rid of some of the extraneous squad members on the fringes who never play.
That has given it a look of decisiveness to me. It is also been a really great way of freshening up the squad, because for the past few years players never seem to ever leave Everton. But now they do! Keeps everyone on their toes.

Signed a four and a half year deal about 5 weeks ago , I'd imagine that's a non runner
Ah right, thought it was a bit strange with the number of teams after him when he moved to West Ham.
Will just be looking for game time.
Would have thought he'd have found somewhere better than Rangers though, he'll hardly be pushed in Scottish Football.

Suppose it serves him right for having a name like a 1950's Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back