Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
that said imagine the praise and well.. utter brilliant job it would be by unsworth to actually manage to get this lads career back on track and somehow make a first team appearance. (long shot, but i guess the club feel he's former talent is worth taking)

Don't think he'll be getting anywhere near the first team but I'm all for our 23s being boss on the pitch and doing charity off it.

Shocking decision from an out of touch man who won't let go of the club.

Worse part is that this is not the worse thing that has happened in last 12 months. Remember Osborne at FF

Not having the Baxter story one bit.

Surely we'd have heard something about it before The Times were printing actual quotes from the player and staff? Plus nothing on Paul Joyce's Twitter about it.

Surely not.

Don't think he'll be getting anywhere near the first team but I'm all for our 23s being boss on the pitch and doing charity off it.
oh i dont think so either. he has / had(?) loads of talent but i don't think anyone could ever get that out of him.

That said if he can pass on some vital life lessons to our younger lads, and bang in 20 goals for us to win us the youth league, that's ok.

I'm skeptical though.

The club is clearly more arsed about PR and being the peoples club. Charity work than winning anything. So pathetic and embarrassing. We want to be winners not a charity. If this isn't looked at it will spiral out of control.

Isn't he older than 23 tho ?
Do we really want this guy in the way of a lad at 18/19 ?

He's 24 but they don't play many, if any, of the 3 over 23s.

He's not getting anyones way, as the deal happens in the summer - if it happens btw. A few will hopefully make the step up to the first team and a few others will be let go or sent out on loan. He's a body for their squad.

There will be something in there from the club that will allow them to terminate at anytime if he doesn't maintain some set standards i.e. weight and regular drugs testing outside of the mandatory stuff from the club and league.

Why? It's not a first team signing, it's not going to cost much at all. The kid is on his third strike so must know it's now or never. Don't see what can go wrong from our point of view... Unless he turns Davies, Dowell and Barkley into drugs mules!!!

What were the other 2 strikes?

He's 24 but they don't play many, if any, of the 3 over 23s.

He's not getting anyones way, as the deal happens in the summer - if it happens btw. A few will hopefully make the step up to the first team and a few others will be let go or sent out on loan. He's a body for their squad.

There will be something in there from the club that will allow them to terminate at anytime if he doesn't maintain some set standards i.e. weight and regular drugs testing outside of the mandatory stuff from the club and league.
oh theres absolutely no chance we wont have a instant termination clause if we think he has not been taking care of himself whilst under contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back