Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the lad needs money and direction to help get his life back on track then get a regular job like everyone else. Why he's getting a contract to play football at any level is beyond belief, the club is literally throwing money down the toilet even if it's only buttons in the grand scheme of things. I'm just sick of the club acting like a hostel for old/crap/failed footballers.

Here here

Sorry, in what way?

That people are arguing over the fact that one who could be described as something of a wayward Son is being given yet another chance, whilst another lost his way in life and saw no way out other than to take his own life and leave his children to grow up without a Father.

This whole Baxter story and some of the comments on this thread, some of you should hold your head in shame. None of us know what the lad has been through. Its easy to say he has wasted a wonderful opportunity presented to him twice by taking drugs. We do not know what led Jose to take the path he has. There could be all sorts that has gone on in his personal life that we have no right to know about.

If the club are offering him the chance to get back into football with the U23's i would imagine they have a greater insight into a. what the reasons are/were for his drug taking and b. the state of mind the lad is in now. I for one welcome that our club are seen to be trying to 'help' ex players etc who for whatever reason have hit hard times or are trying to get back on the straight and narrow.

We as a club are a leading light when it comes to the local and surrounding communities, and i for one long hope that continues.

That people are arguing over one who could be described as something of a wayward Son is being given yet another chance, whilst another lost his way in life and saw no way out other than to take his own life and leave his children to grow up without a Father.
Mental.

I'm not even going to get into the batshit crazy comparison of Jose Baxter and Gary Speed at this time of night, oy vey.

put it this way, i'd rather have baxter here for 12 months then moved on, whilst we develop him a bit and make sure he doesn't fall back in with the wrong people.. than potentially back on the gear with his career over at 24 which could lead to him not even being with us any more.

Maybe i'm just being a idiot.. but if we think we can help him while he helps us then sure.

This whole Baxter story and some of the comments on this thread, some of you should hold your head in shame. None of us know what the lad has been through. Its easy to say he has wasted a wonderful opportunity presented to him twice by taking drugs. We do not know what led Jose to take the path he has. There could be all sorts that has gone on in his personal life that we have no right to know about.

If the club are offering him the chance to get back into football with the U23's i would imagine they have a greater insight into a. what the reasons are/were for his drug taking and b. the state of mind the lad is in now. I for one welcome that our club are seen to be trying to 'help' ex players etc who for whatever reason have hit hard times or are trying to get back on the straight and narrow.

We as a club are a leading light when it comes to the local and surrounding communities, and i for one long hope that continues.
Do you not know what the lad has been through?

Don't portray him as some sort of victim caught up in an unfortunate situation until you've seen him bouncing round Bootle giving it big licks about his money and lifestyle.

OK, that's fine.

Apart from the fact that you described my view as 'mental' and 'batshit crazy' without offering your own opinion.

But hey, it's late.
Ok, tell me how a lad from Bootle who is well known round here for being an absolute whopper, who can't stop sniffing bugle and getting off his box compares, or as you say 'puts it all in perspective' how Gary Speed, (not a wayward young man, like you also described him as) sadly saw no other way out of his troubles than taking his own life.

It's not fair though, not when players like Ledson and others being let go when all they've done is work hard and keep themselves out of trouble. Why aren't they being given 2nd or 3rd chances when this lad is getting a 15th? Baxter is a waster, he threw any chance of a career at a decentish level through his own stupidity and immaturity. I wouldn't be against the club giving him a job of some kind if he needs the money and a bit of direction in his life to get himself on track but a contract to play football and get paid for it? Even if it's just 10p a week it's still a joke. The club act like a foundation and it has to stop. I'm all for looking after our own and being a caring family but not to be a club that just hands money out to any bloke on the street we used to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back