Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's that much of a whopper I wouldn't employ him to pick litter let alone on a lucrative (by any standard) professional contract.

Puts it all in perspective, doesn't it?

For you it does yes, for me I'd prefer not to see someone once in the employment of Everton meet a premature demise without the club doing all they could to help him.

This whole Baxter story and some of the comments on this thread, some of you should hold your head in shame. None of us know what the lad has been through. Its easy to say he has wasted a wonderful opportunity presented to him twice by taking drugs. We do not know what led Jose to take the path he has. There could be all sorts that has gone on in his personal life that we have no right to know about.

If the club are offering him the chance to get back into football with the U23's i would imagine they have a greater insight into a. what the reasons are/were for his drug taking and b. the state of mind the lad is in now. I for one welcome that our club are seen to be trying to 'help' ex players etc who for whatever reason have hit hard times or are trying to get back on the straight and narrow.

We as a club are a leading light when it comes to the local and surrounding communities, and i for one long hope that continues.

The lad had a decent career ahead of him, some of us would love to swap places with.
Bottom line is HE made the decisions, influenced or not.
Don't fluff it up and as a man stand acccountable for your decisions.

Not necessary set by the club but yeah, whenever.

I know of plenty of stories where the journalists have agreed upon a time for the embargo so it benefits them in terms of writing, social media and getting in the next days paper.
yeah i guess there are different types of embargos. You're right there like.

ledson asked to leave so he could get first team football to be fair.

There's plenty of others who were told to pack their backs and go though even though they'd behaved impeccably. Everyone on here knows my of divine hatred for Osman and Hibbert but those two were let go after nearly 20 years without a phone call. Baxter made a mess of his life, slagged the club off for years in the press and blew every chance he's had in his career. What sort of message does it send? If you work hard, stay out of trouble and always represent the club with dignity there's still a likely chance you'll be let go. If you become a drug-dealing waster though we'll look after you.

For you it does yes, for me I'd prefer not to see someone once in the employment of Everton meet a premature demise without the club doing all they could to help him.
The perspective thing was me being flippant about your irrelevant comparison to Gary Speed.

Proven by the fact you've just admitted you don't know anything about Jose Baxter or what he gets up to, instead claiming he might be depressed or whatever nonsense you've read about 'drug addicts'.

Make no mistake if he wasn't a talented footballer, he'd be wearing north face and bouncing round with his hands down his kecks.

Edit: shall we make Michael Branch assistant manager as well?

There's plenty of others who were told to pack their backs and go though even though they'd behaved impeccably. Everyone on here knows my of divine hatred for Osman and Hibbert but those two were let go after nearly 20 years without a phone call. Baxter made a mess of his life, slagged the club off for years in the press and blew every chance he's had in his career. What sort of message does it sent? If you work hard, stay out of trouble and always represent the club with dignity there's still a likely chance you'll be let go. If you become a drug-dealing waster though we'll look after you.
i can understand your point of view for sure mate. But i just see the chance to turn his life around and i'm ok with us trying.

Do you not know what the lad has been through?

Don't portray him as some sort of victim caught up in an unfortunate situation until you've seen him bouncing round Bootle giving it big licks about his money and lifestyle.

I'm not saying i know him and i'm not portraying him as a victim, what i'm saying is that just because you see him out giving it the big one, it doesn't necessarily mean that's him all the time. It could be a facade to hide and cover whatever is going on behind closed doors. How many times i have seen people be big time charlies when behind the facade is an extremely sad, lonely and disturbed individual

The perspective thing was me being flippant about your irrelevant comparison to Gary Speed.

Proven by the fact you've just admitted you don't know anything about Jose Baxter or what he gets up to, instead claiming he might be depressed or whatever nonsense you've read about 'drug addicts'.

Make no mistake if he wasn't a talented footballer, he'd be wearing north face and bouncing round with his hands down his kecks.

Edit: shall we make Michael Branch assistant manager as well?

None of that alters the fact I think people deserve as many chances as it takes to turn their lives around, in whatever walk of life they come from.

And yeah, if Michael Branch is a good coach I don't see any reason why he shouldn't be assistant manager one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back