Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying i know him and i'm not portraying him as a victim, what i'm saying is that just because you see him out giving it the big one, it doesn't necessarily mean that's him all the time. It could be a facade to hide and cover whatever is going on behind closed doors. How many times i have seen people be big time charlies when behind the facade is an extremely sad, lonely and disturbed individual

Keep making excuses for him, and he'll carry on letting you down, such is life.

Anyway it seems I'm in the minority here so you lads crack on thinking that this is a wonderful decision and our club is a home for waifs, strays and drug dealers.

To everyone kicking off. Duncan Ferguson was a convict who was also a borderline alcoholic and yet we love him and dont care we are paying him a wage every week. This lad obviously has made some idiotic mistakes but hes not the first and wont be the last. If we turn his life around and he geta a decent deal with another club then its a win win.

To everyone kicking off. Duncan Ferguson was a convict who was also a borderline alcoholic and yet we love him and dont care we are paying him a wage every week. This lad obviously has made some idiotic mistakes but hes not the first and wont be the last. If we turn his life around and he geta a decent deal with another club then its a win win.

And Howard Kendall had his demons.

I think we could find other ways of helping sort out people who have fallen on hard times rather then give a contract to a guy who was giving every opportunity to have a lucrative career.
I know we are good at this kind of stuff but this is one I don't really agree with

The lad had a decent career ahead of him, some of us would love to swap places with.
Bottom line is HE made the decisions, influenced or not.
Don't fluff it up and as a man stand acccountable for your decisions.

Look i dont know Baxter or his situation, pretty much like 99% of people in here i would imagine. I'm not going to hang him out to dry though for the way he behaves on a night out where some lads have seen him. There are many mitigating factors in why people turn to drink,drugs and alcohol and without knowing the full facts i'm not going to throw him under the bus.

The club in my eyes are trying to help somebody whose life has gotten seriously off track. I do not expect to see him in the first team etc but i would hope and pray that 'this' chance the club are affording him, gives him the platform to reassess whatever is going on in his life and he can move forward in a way that helps himself and the society he is a part of. In all honesty what is so abhorrent about that? I;d rather try and help an individual whilst they are down for whatever reason rather than turn my back and make myself feel better by 'knowing' its all their own fault they are where they are.

What is there to lose? Practically no wages, fill in at U23, potentially a squad filler later if all works out (doubt it). Otherwise it's hardly a dent in our wage budget. Give the lad a chance! Nothing to get upset about at least.

And Jose could also take the pressure off Dunc putting all those cones out.

This whole Baxter story and some of the comments on this thread, some of you should hold your head in shame. None of us know what the lad has been through. Its easy to say he has wasted a wonderful opportunity presented to him twice by taking drugs. We do not know what led Jose to take the path he has. There could be all sorts that has gone on in his personal life that we have no right to know about.

If the club are offering him the chance to get back into football with the U23's i would imagine they have a greater insight into a. what the reasons are/were for his drug taking and b. the state of mind the lad is in now. I for one welcome that our club are seen to be trying to 'help' ex players etc who for whatever reason have hit hard times or are trying to get back on the straight and narrow.

We as a club are a leading light when it comes to the local and surrounding communities, and i for one long hope that continues.
Because he spent every weekend chasing the tail on the ale and inevatably ended up on the Charlie. No excuses.

Jose Baxter is re-signing in the summer.

:Blink::Blink::Blink::Blink::Blink::Blink::Blink:

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back