Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no problem giving him a lifeline but give him a role at EITC or have him giving talks about the dangers and pitfalls of a being a young footballer with too much money or even pay for him to get professional help.

What I do have a problem with is the fact that he will be spending a lot of time with our younger lads, may even make a couple of mates and it could be easy for these to be influenced.

:Blink::Blink::Blink::Blink::Blink::Blink::Blink:

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif
tumblr_mdotnbzBWO1rk5wnbo5_250.gif

Because he spent every weekend chasing the tail on the ale and inevatably ended up on the Charlie. No excuses.

Like i said mate, i do not know the guy personally or professionally but usually it is a release from 'other' demons they are trying to hide or run away from, some of which i thank my lucky stars i have never had to try and deal with. Like i have said i do not know whether there are underlying reasons for why Baxter has acted the way he has but i would bet your bottom dollar the club do and if they are trying to help a young man realise his potential then i think that should be applauded rather than derided.

Look i dont know Baxter or his situation, pretty much like 99% of people in here i would imagine. I'm not going to hang him out to dry though for the way he behaves on a night out where some lads have seen him. There are many mitigating factors in why people turn to drink,drugs and alcohol and without knowing the full facts i'm not going to throw him under the bus.

The club in my eyes are trying to help somebody whose life has gotten seriously off track. I do not expect to see him in the first team etc but i would hope and pray that 'this' chance the club are affording him, gives him the platform to reassess whatever is going on in his life and he can move forward in a way that helps himself and the society he is a part of. In all honesty what is so abhorrent about that? I;d rather try and help an individual whilst they are down for whatever reason rather than turn my back and make myself feel better by 'knowing' its all their own fault they are where they are.
how would it make me or anyone else who knows exactly what and who Jose Baxter is better for knowing it's all his own fault?

Mad statement, you seem desperate to defend a grown man you freely admit you know nothing about except he used to play for Everton, which I find weird.

I have no problem giving him a lifeline but give him a role at EITC or have him giving talks about the dangers and pitfalls of a being a young footballer with too much money or even pay for him to get professional help.

What I do have a problem with is the fact that he will be spending a lot of time with our younger lads, may even make a couple of mates and it could be easy for these to be influenced.

I reckon David Usworth has taken all that into consideration before accepting him into the u23's squad.

Like i said mate, i do not know the guy personally or professionally but usually it is a release from 'other' demons they are trying to hide or run away from, some of which i thank my lucky stars i have never had to try and deal with. Like i have said i do not know whether there are underlying reasons for why Baxter has acted the way he has but i would bet your bottom dollar the club do and if they are trying to help a young man realise his potential then i think that should be applauded rather than derided.
I understand your sentiments but this is why we aren't successful anymore. Because we are not ruthless enough. If we would've sacked Martinez after the derby last season there is a good chance we would've won the cup. However Bill didn't want to upset him. We are talking about a lad who sat on the kop watching liverpool whilst playing professionally for Everton. He wanted to be Jack the lad and it didn't work out. Why don't we give Billy Kenny a call and see what we can do for him as well

If we do not sign another striker the combination of either: Walsh is content with Valencia as backup to Rom (Option to buy solidifies this statement)

Or We have won a few games and the board do not wish to invest anymore money and are actively looking to get rid of players (Mccarthy Jags Niasse Tom Del) to balance the books and get net spend as small as possible.

Either one is worrying for me
Or we think highly of Dom and are waiting for him to recover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back