Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if we might see a late bid for Gabbiadini.... I know we dropped our interest, but thought that might be due to Napoli holding out for 20m. With them apparently now at 17m and Southampton at 13m I wonder if we might throw out a 15 or 16 m bid....

I think he is best on the right side, but he could also be an insurance policy of sorts behind Rom.

Not saying I want it (or that I don't - I think if played properly there is a player there...) just that it would not shock me.

Wonder if we might see a late bid for Gabbiadini.... I know we dropped our interest, but thought that might be due to Napoli holding out for 20m. With them apparently now at 17m and Southampton at 13m I wonder if we might throw out a 15 or 16 m bid....

I think he is best on the right side, but he could also be an insurance policy of sorts behind Rom.

Not saying I want it (or that I don't - I think if played properly there is a player there...) just that it would not shock me.
Please NO mate. I think he's a spud.

re: Baxter
Sounds like he's there to bolster the U23s, so why not. Lets us move young players through to senior team without worrying about leaving U23s understaffed.
Who knows, he might suddenly become ace.

re: Baxter
Sounds like he's there to bolster the U23s, so why not. Lets us move young players through to senior team without worrying about leaving U23s understaffed.
Who knows, he might suddenly become ace.
Sounds like he's banned until the summer and he's already 24 so try again.

If young lads move up then u18s move into the u23s

Ha as if I live in Bootle. Liverpool is a very small city and it doesn't take much to get a reputation.

I'm not being smug because I know exactly what this lad is and does, I'm just deriding people who are presenting him as some hard-done-by poor young man with no support who is depressed or whatever other nonsense they are chatting.

He's had opportunities that the lads he knocks around with could never dream of and thrown them all away, he isn't Everton Football Club's responsibility, he's a grown man who prefers his lifestyle to being a professional footballer.

That's the start and finish of it, he hasn't been done once, it wasn't a mistake, nor were there circumstances similar to say, jake Livermore at hull when he tested positive where I agree compassion should've been shown.

By giving him a contract you're telling every young kid at this club they can do whatever they want becaus eEverton will always look after you.
He has a reputation for being an idiot because he is an idiot. Don't get me wrong he's messed his own life up but it looks like to me everton are trying to help someone get back on track. They won't have just thought one day "you know what we should offer Jose Baxter a contract for a laugh" They have probably been approached by him to use the facilities were kenwright and unsworth have had a word with him got to know what's going on with him and offered him a chance to get on the straight and narrow.

Edit: First sentence was poor form on my part. Deleted

Last edited:
Helping a 5yo battling cancer was an incredible and commendable gesture. Offering a contract to a league one 24yo twice banned for drugs is crazy.
Everyone makes mistakes and I'd have no problem taking a gamble on him if he'd showed enough talent. He didn't. That's why he was released originally.
This is just a charitable gesture and an unprofessional use of the clubs resources. It smacks of BK's misty eyed loveyness. Was Gibson the same?
Unlike many I have a generally favourable view of BK but this is a stark example of where the club will benefit from the more pragmatic approach we all hope Mosh is bringing.

Players over 23 can play in the under 23's so try again.

https://www.premierleague.com/premier-league-2-explained
  • Each team can field a goalkeeper over the age limit and up to three ‘over-age’ outfield players in every match

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016–17_Professional_U23_Development_League
According to this link, our U23s are top of the league. Im not sure if there's a reward for winning, but Unsy might be wanting to have options and try to win it.
He is banned for failing a drugs test, again. He isn't helping anyone win anything this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back