Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helping a 5yo battling cancer was an incredible and commendable gesture. Offering a contract to a league one 24yo twice banned for drugs is crazy.
Everyone makes mistakes and I'd have no problem taking a gamble on him if he'd showed enough talent. He didn't. That's why he was released originally.
This is just a charitable gesture and an unprofessional use of the clubs resources. It smacks of BK's misty eyed loveyness. Was Gibson the same?
Unlike many I have a generally favourable view of BK but this is a stark example of where the club will benefit from the more pragmatic approach we all hope Mosh is bringing.

Nailed it

My worry is shipping out all this so called "deadwood" yet not replacing them. We do have a talented U23 side but theres a huge gap between them and week in week out Premiership quality players...... I think 2 first teamers (AM and CF) are needed now! And if the whispers of Jags going another CB too.

Don't allow the happy clappers to let this one slide with their 'help him turn his life around' we are a football club this stinks of mediocre
Laughing stock of the league in back to back transfer windows well done we are back
First of all I'm not a happy clapper and I don't like to be accused of that. Also, there's a big difference between Gibson and Baxter imo. Or does Gibson also have an U-23 contract?

Can understand people not agreeing with giving a contract to José, as afterall we're a football club and not a second chance hospital. Each to their own and all that, imo however, it's something classic EITC. I just hope he takes this chance to revive his career and get his life back on track.

Im sure he has but for all the great work he's doing and players he's getting ready for the first team, this is the biggest judgement call he will probably ever make. If he gets this wrong it could be terrible for the club and some of the bright youngsters we have.

Obviously we all hope it works out and Jose gets back on track, earning a move somewhere but its very easy for emotions to cloud our judgement. I am assuming though, that he's at least had no contact with his old 'friends' since he's been banned - that is probably the biggest issue
I think you're over reacting a bit there mate. A strange one I agree but can't see how it could possibly have the ramifications you predict.

I hope Unsy has made this decision and its based on a judgement call having spoken at length to the lad and seeing him on the training ground. I'd be less happy if this were a Kenwright initiative.

WE'RE ON THE SNIFF
WITH JOSE B
WE'RE ON THE SNIFF WITH JOSE B
THERE'LL BE WEED, COKE AND POPPERS
WE'RE ON THE SNIFF WITH JOSE B

Definitely one for the away coaches that one.

Brilliant Bill, let football be the solution for substance abuse because that,s how real life works.

How is the transfer conductor getting in the last week of the transfer window.

Maybe the club want to get him back on track and see if he can find a club after 13 months with us.

Like others have said What if he a bad influence around our young lads but I'm sure the club have thought of this. They must like the kid to help him. It hard for the everyone fans to relate to this as we haven't build a rapport with the guy.
Seems Unsworth wants to help because he one of our own. Suppose everyone deserves another chance as this is his last, he might just consider it and hopefully we have tested him for drugs ourselves before he allowed through the training door and we keep testing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back