Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many more Baines replacements do we need in the squad?
We can't keep the two we have happy at the moment

The two we have?

Garbutt and Oviedo, ultimately, aren't up to scratch.

Galloway will end up as a CB.

Baines is a key part of the side atm and will remain so for the foreseeable.

In the summer, I reckon we'll go for a young(ish) LB (i.e. Robertson, Taylor) to come in first as back-up and eventually take over.

I reckon deadline day will be interesting though as Mosh & White have each other on speed dial.

Part of me wodner snow, if we are actually holding off on any deals we may complete specifically for a PR excercise on deadline day - no games before then, and likely they wouldnt feature much even if they signed beforehand anyways.

Lets hope that is the case and that we don't repeat the sissoko fiasco

The two we have?

Garbutt and Oviedo, ultimately, aren't up to scratch.

Galloway will end up as a CB.

Baines is a key part of the side atm and will remain so for the foreseeable.

In the summer, I reckon we'll go for a young(ish) LB (i.e. Robertson, Taylor) to come in first as back-up and eventually take over.

Sneaky feeling we may even give Kenny a go playing on the left if really neeeded (believe he has played there sometimes for the under 23s) there's a fair few left backs who are naturally right sided players

He won't be an Everton player. Chances are in 12 months he will be off to a new club and I think the idea behind it will be he helped him turn it around whilst he was still young. But the onus will be on him I imagine to get his head down
So are we a rehabilitation center now? Do the club actually think this is good press? Its a disgrace. Yet some of our fans will always try and put a positive spin on anything the club do but its impossible to find a positive out of this one..

Mad how people are having a go at Everton for helping an ex player but you would all have Rooney back who is a serial womaniser and cheat.

So are we a rehabilitation center now? Do the club actually think this is good press? Its a disgrace. Yet some of our fans will always try and put a positive spin on anything the club do but its impossible to find a positive out of this one..

Mate we have sitting on our bench a club figure whose idolised by loads who spent time in a scottish nick and if not for us taking a punt on him could have winded up finished at the same age as this lad.

If it is to get him fit and help him find a new club in the future while helping him to sort himself out then I can only see it as a good thing. Be a good thing to let the young lads see what can happen if you don't put the effort in or fall in with the wrong crowd. No doubt we can terminate his contract at any time should he mess up again so it is up to the lad to sort himself out. Good luck to him.

Mad how people are having a go at Everton for helping an ex player but you would all have Rooney back who is a serial womaniser and cheat.

Exactly

If Baxter was a really good player who'd had a bad period, no one would be complaining as they'd be happy to have a good player on the books

But because he ended up going to the lower leagues the knives are out for the club for doing something good for an ex player

No, we're not a "rehabilitation centre" but we are a football club with a strong community link, and a community looks after it's own

Aye was more thinking about fitting the current formation mate, Connelly to me seems more an old fashioned left back when he's there, Kenny more a wingback type like coleman

Kenny's a good little player, but I think he's more of a traditional fullback too. Doesn't have the pace or ability to run with the ball enough to be a "wingback". Comfortable on the ball though. Seen him play centre back too and despite being far too small to play there, look lovely and assured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back