Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was hoping Koeman would have a big enough presence in the game to attract CL type players. Been the most disappointing element of his term so far for me. Generally happy with the window, like everyone else, just waiting for the one that really says, we're back.

On Baxter, I'm guessing the club feel a responsibility towards the situation and I'm glad the club have addressed it. I hope he realises the chance he's been given.

I'd take him til the season end.

Don't even know why, feel dirty saying it...I apologise for doing so too.

I'm so, so sorry & ashamed.

Is he a better option than KONE?

#YEP
I think he is finished as a premier league striker now to be honest. It seems his name carries weight for achievements from 10 years ago so lower clubs give him a contract and hope they get the player who played for arsenal rather than the player he is now.

I'd argue he isn't because he'd destroy the dressing room with his awful attitude

Kone is a pleasant bloke at least, even if he's yarbles on the pitch

I was told a lovely snippet about KONE some time ago via a friend who spent time with him for a work thing..basically along the lines of how nice he is, what a friendly, affable guy, jovial, adores his kids & family, popular with other players...all that.

Offset though by the following...

'Of course his biggest problem is he's just not that interested in football...'

o_O

I think he is finished as a premier league striker now to be honest. It seems his name carries weight for achievements from 10 years ago so lower clubs give him a contract and hope they get the player who played for arsenal rather than the player he is now.

I know mate, you're dead right like, I just always rather liked the idea of him some years ago when we were half-linked with him.

A terrible waste of talent really.

And , yes, he is a bad tit.

Mate I'll be blunt on this. It would be good if the team supported him being one of our academy players and you would hope that it gets him back onto the right path and he can forge a career after making mistakes in his youth. Happy for the club to do that and it is another example of what makes this club the best in the world.

But

There is no need for this sympathetic approach to it. We don't know why he took drugs? Yes we do, he is a tit. Let it all go to his head with the money and fame and has terrible mates who live that culture. He isn't the first young person to be on drugs and wot be the last. Just so happens he was a footballer and it came back to bite him in the arse big time. Bad circles, maybe a bad egg himself, point is the reason why he did and continued to take drugs is because he wanted to, because his mates did and it was fine to do it up until he got caught. So as much as it might be the normal thing to tread eggshells around anything and do the whole we don't know attitude, that approach isn't for me.

Same thing as last season 'oh you don't know martinez doesn't work on set pieces ' except we didn't, and it was clear as day we didn't. Same principle. Baxter was a tit, no other reason behind it. He deserves the bad credit he has now and I he comes back here and puts his head down and turns things around then all credit to him for doing that. Doesn't change the fact he has no one to blame but himself and is another example of a young player focusing on the fame rather than the football.

Are you really likening Everton trying to help rehabilitate a young lad who was on drugs to People claiming we didn't know whether we practiced defending set pieces....really??!!

I love how people take the moral high ground and because the young lad has wasted an excellent opportunity he was presented with, we should make him a social outcast for the rest of his worthless life. I have stated many times I do not know the lads background but I do know usually in instances like this it's not always so black and white. The club in my eyes are doing a good thing in trying to help a young lad turn his life around. If it doesn't work out at least somebody has tried. I don't see how helping people regardless of what may have happened in the past is a bad thing...

To be honest I am disgusted that we are offering smackheads such as Baxter another chance. Everton In The Community well and truly in action. Would be better donating the money we're spending on his wages to those actually in need.

Hopefully you will be so disgusted you will stop posting negative comments on the site, stop supporting Everton and return to school to finish of your high school years

Interesting one though Dave - Spurs defenders play the most long passes in the league and they play excellent football. All about the quick transfer of passes from one end of the field to another.

@davek there is a difference between a long pass and long ball - sounds mad I know !

A long ball would be like what we done against Liverpool second half, just smack it in their half and hope Romelu gets onto it.
A long pass as shown by spurs, is a case of getting the ball out to the wingers/full backs ASAP, turning defence into attack.

Although not fancy football, if we are to play long passes to the strikers then we better bring someone in, because Romelu is not that man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back