Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very strange that. Why did they re-sign him to sell 6 months later? I would not have thought his value to a foreign team has increased all that much either to make a significant profit on him, which again seems a bit off. Perhaps they only brought him back to weaken Juventus so to speak?

Thinking about it now, what has come of the young lad barcelona signed as back up in the summer? Paco alacanter is it? I like to read the odd thing about them and i don't remember his name being mentioned at any point.
When they sold him to Juve initially, they had a buy back clause with a set price (32 million I think). There was speculation in the summer about them buying him back to sell for a profit. Seem to remember Arsenal were interested and there was talk of 45 million. However Zidane said he needed him for the first team.

The silly thing is that in the end Florentino always gets his way and Benzema plays almost always. So as you say his value won't have been done any good. If anything it would have gone down.

The 20-year-old has 7 goals and 2 assists to his name this season in all competitions, top 4 a certainty next season, if we could buy him if he's playing this week try to watch it.

See his vids on YouTube mate, looks a good player hence the clubs being linked and the amount of hype about him, just seems odd eschew another centre mid when we have Davies, schneidelin, gueye and Barkley there already.

Are you really likening Everton trying to help rehabilitate a young lad who was on drugs to People claiming we didn't know whether we practiced defending set pieces....really??!!

I love how people take the moral high ground and because the young lad has wasted an excellent opportunity he was presented with, we should make him a social outcast for the rest of his worthless life. I have stated many times I do not know the lads background but I do know usually in instances like this it's not always so black and white. The club in my eyes are doing a good thing in trying to help a young lad turn his life around. If it doesn't work out at least somebody has tried. I don't see how helping people regardless of what may have happened in the past is a bad thing...
I'm saying it's as simple as he was a tit and now has a chance from us to turn it around.

Absolutely no need to trivialise the issue and suggest all sorts of factors could come into play here. Same thing happened with green and he himself came out and said it was all his fault why he threw it away.

All baxter was really was a young lad without his head screwed on. No one looked after him through first time, so the club are wanting to do that now. I haven't mentioned about it being bad, rather the opposite actually

So are we a rehabilitation center now? Do the club actually think this is good press? Its a disgrace. Yet some of our fans will always try and put a positive spin on anything the club do but its impossible to find a positive out of this one..
The alternative is thst we do nothing and see him delve even deeper than he is now.

For little cost and the fact he will probably disappear to the lower leagues afterwards anyway, I can't see the negative in it to be honest.

When they sold him to Juve initially, they had a buy back clause with a set price (32 million I think). There was speculation in the summer about them buying him back to sell for a profit. Seem to remember Arsenal were interested and there was talk of 45 million. However Zidane said he needed him for the first team.

The silly thing is that in the end Florentino always gets his way and Benzema plays almost always. So as you say his value won't have been done any good. If anything it would have gone down.
Prices vary abroad as well anyway. Morata going for 20 odd million when he did if done by an English club would have been john stones types of deals. If they sell him to another foreign club, only going to be around 30 million rather than probably 50 plus which they would get giving him a game. I think the end game plan from real madrid may well be Diabala as a marquee signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back