Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told a lovely snippet about KONE some time ago via a friend who spent time with him for a work thing..basically along the lines of how nice he is, what a friendly, affable guy, jovial, adores his kids & family, popular with other players...all that.

Offset though by the following...

'Of course his biggest problem is he's just not that interested in football...'

o_O

I heard the same about Januzaj where his parents pushed him into football when he wasn't really interested in it.

Prices vary abroad as well anyway. Morata going for 20 odd million when he did if done by an English club would have been john stones types of deals. If they sell him to another foreign club, only going to be around 30 million rather than probably 50 plus which they would get giving him a game. I think the end game plan from real madrid may well be Diabala as a marquee signing.
Could be mate.

Dybala has said that he wants to play with Messi but that will have little bearing on any sale I imagine.

Very little speculation for any of the top half teams. Most of the potential deals seem to be coming from the relegation threatened teams and thos in the Championship.

I heard the same about Januzaj where his parents pushed him into football when he wasn't really interested in it.

Heard about these situations in sport. Imagine being blessed with all that talent and then making it all the way to the big Leagues.........and all that time being "not really interested" or "my parents forced me":Blink: I know there is more to life but...:eek:

thats monica from masterchef

MonicaKitchen_D1-339.jpg

The alternative is thst we do nothing and see him delve even deeper than he is now.

For little cost and the fact he will probably disappear to the lower leagues afterwards anyway, I can't see the negative in it to be honest.

Baxter left the club in 2012 so not exactly last week and I'd suggest a host of youngsters have been released and found themselves in significantly more difficult times than Baxter in that intervening period . Are you suggesting they all are given the opportunity to return to the club on a salary , Or for some reason is Baxter a special case ?

Let's be honest about Jose I first remember a headline about him when he was about 17 and arrested for possession with intent to supply and possession of counterfeit cash with a couple of mates . Baxter was never charged and I'm sure it was wrong place wrong time but you'd think it'd be something you'd remember and shake you up to take care with your life and career .

The he failed a drugs test but got away without a significant ban because 'his drink was spiked ' with ecstasy . The lad actually gave interviews to the media talking about how hurt he was, how terrible it was and how he feared his career was over and it nearly ruined his life . No mea culpa, no mitigation but his drink was spiked so a chance to move on with his life and a wonderful opportunity to keep playing football . Apart from all but 2 months his ban was suspended and his only real penalty was the inconvenience of regular 3 week drugs tests . Given Baxter was spiked though , no real issue at all as it won't happen again you'd be certain of that .

How long later ? About 12 months he's again banned this time for cocaine , it's not like he's never had a chance the lad has had chances.

Our club looks after its own I get that but a lad who left four or five years ago having played half a dozen or whatever games then has had two positive drugs tests seems to me to maybe to the wrong recipient of the clubs generosity. There hundreds of former footballers arrested and sentenced many in prison and you'd imagine large numbers with alcohol and substance abuse problems . I love the work the club does for former players but I struggle to see the logic in this one if I'm honest .

If Josè turns his life round great I'd be delighted for him but the way we're doing it seems a little odd .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back