Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a Motherwell fan...anyone got any info on Griffiths? Any good?
Yes, if you have a dig around the loan thread other posters mentioned you should find all the games he played for Cheltenham and any reactions to his performance.

Would be good if you could come back and let us know how he is getting on in that thread a little bit later if he ends up being first team (sounds from a quick look at your boards as though your fans are not that impressed with the current keeper?).

Like clockwork Everton - All we need now is name that will whip up a frenzy then spend the next week bidding low till time runs out.

How long did that one run for mate?
Execution is not "ours"

You are the kind of guy, who if you found a cloth sack full of £20 notes would be moaning about the colour of the cloth sack.

Yes, if you have a dig around the loan thread other posters mentioned you should find all the games he played for Cheltenham and any reactions to his performance.

Would be good if you could come back and let us know how he is getting on in that thread a little bit later if he ends up being first team (sounds from a quick look at your boards as though your fans are not that impressed with the current keeper?).

Cheers to those that replied, will certainly provide any updates.

Our current keeper Samson isn't great, no. We'd had Brill in, but given his performances in the under-20s, I'm unsurprised he was unable to dislodge him from the first team. Hopefully Griffiths will come in and at the very least push him.

Also, he's very similar to Lookman in playing style.
Will do well at Leverkusen though

looks a very good player, but doubt we will look at another speedster type - as lookman seems to have gone down very well so far with Koeman, if anythign - can see us still looking to pick up someone more creative - who adds goals from a wider/support striker slot. Cb - god knows as think we where after VVD and thats scuppered utterly now, anywhere else not sure about tbh

Cheers to those that replied, will certainly provide any updates.

Our current keeper Samson isn't great, no. We'd had Brill in, but given his performances in the under-20s, I'm unsurprised he was unable to dislodge him from the first team. Hopefully Griffiths will come in and at the very least push him.
I heard he was decent before he cut his hair off.

looks a very good player, but doubt we will look at another speedster type - as lookman seems to have gone down very well so far with Koeman, if anythign - can see us still looking to pick up someone more creative - who adds goals from a wider/support striker slot. Cb - god knows as think we where after VVD and thats scuppered utterly now, anywhere else not sure about tbh

I reckon CB is summer now mate. Unless a club comes in with an offer for Jags, then we may see some movement.

If not I can see us having Keane lined up to join us come summer, which I'd be perfectly happy with tbqh.

Yeh, I reckon the aim this window is to get that extra body in 'up top'. That doesn't mean a winger, or a striker, but pretty much just a forward player.

Koeman seems to like versatile players who play anywhere across the front-line. We have our focal point in Rom. What we really need is somebody to be able to fill in for him if needed, but also add extra depth to the front three/four positions.

The two things are hardly comparable though are they? Baxter was earning over £100k a year and in 2009 was arrested for intent to supply. He decided, not for reasons of economic need, that he would get involved with drug dealing. Everyone can be sympathetic of someone who has succumbed to addiction but when you start peddling addiction that's when my sympathies end. Especially if you are earning a wage that most could only dream of.
I remember the incident but not if he was convicted, perhaps you could illuminate for me.

Thanks

It is unusually quiet with nothing of any worth in the usual media channels. Yet, we have been told by Koeman that he is still trying to do business and even our new itk Jim White has said that we are still interested in signing players.

I cannot help but feel that Moshiri wants something big , a signing that makes a real statement, a signing that might fit in with the positive feel about the club and of course the new stadium.

Nothing but a hunch, I think that if we do another deal, it just may be big.

It is unusually quiet with nothing of any worth in the usual media channels. Yet, we have been told by Koeman that he is still trying to do business and even our new itk Jim White has said that we are still interested in signing players.

I cannot help but feel that Moshiri wants something big , a signing that makes a real statement, a signing that might fit in with the positive feel about the club and of course the new stadium.

Nothing but a hunch, I think that if we do another deal, it just may be big.

ANDRE THE GIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back