Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukaku getting injured is an issue but we arent getting a top class striker in. Not in January, so its Enner Valencia as back up.

Wingers are not crap; Mirallas, Lookman, Lennon, as well as others can play there.

We have 4 cbs (Williams, Mori, Jagielka, Holgate) which is the standard amount.

I'm not saying our squad is perfect, but we don't need signings anymore than the other 19 clubs.
Depends what you are prepared to settle for. We have an opportunity to make a statement and break into top 6 this season. To do so we HAVE to improve our results against teams that park a bus. Feel a bit like Davek by continually repeating myself, but we desperately need a player with guile to help break teams down. Also ideally need a better quality back up for Rom.

We dont have that type in the U23s at the moment although I'm hoping that Dowell will step up in the next 18 months.

A forward is a must, if Everton fail to sign a decent one, this window goes down as a failure for me.

Also need some creativity as the squad massively lacks that. Goalkeeper, center half, etc. can wait until summer.

i think we should be all over this tbh. Koeman want's 3 keepers and even if he only comes in to be first choice until the end of the season, he's still a very very capable backup should we go for pickford and to replace him when he'll suffer obvious dips in form given his age. No brainer for me, think he's a great keeper.

Yea Koemsn did say we need 3 keepers. Keeping in mind we are likely to play EL next season then why not? Begovic is supposed to be available for £12m.

That's all well and good bigging up our youth prospects but it seems that with the last 2 windows we've just signed enough to keep us ticking, we're effectively kicking the ball down into the long grass to sort out later.

If the window stops right now, then it's been poor again. We desperately need a forward.
Its not been poor but agree not what we needed to give us a chance if breaking that top 6.

Can use tgatt line of thinking to not sign any player mate.

Lookman looks a real talent but caveat here, he has played 30 minutes in tgeckeague when we've been playing well in tgoaecganes before he came on..Lennon isn't good enough, mirallas has turned around two years of poor form with a few consecutive good games, as for others who can play there, errrm who exactly?

Jagielka as backup, mate he is finished, his legs have gone, and playing a back 3 you ideally need 5 cbs. We are an injury away from having to revert to four at the back which has never seen us play well this season.

Also why is it tgecoption a top class striker, or Valencia, who was about the fifth best striker at west ham, is there nothing in between?
Is some of that Russian mate or r u using yiur phone like me?

When Deulofeu left I thought we would see another winger/forward added imminently. If we don't add to this position before the window shuts, it appears clear that Koeman just downright didn't rate Del.
I think Del was kicking off for more game time rather than buckling down getting fit and forcing his way into RKs plans.

I think Davek can rip Koeman in one thread, don't need to hijack ANOTHER one.

The interview said nothing about not buying in this window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back