Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea Koemsn did say we need 3 keepers. Keeping in mind we are likely to play EL next season then why not? Begovic is supposed to be available for £12m.

i wouldn't pay that much for him tbh. hold them over a barrel and get him for about £7m. He probably is worth about £12m in this market, but i don't think there'd be anyone going for that price. Sadly we won't bother.

Thing is, didn't he tell us a couple of weeks ago that he's still looking to bring in another couple this window, and since then Del has gone out too.

if we aren't able to bring in anyone else before deadline day I actually think RK will be just as disappointed as us fans.
Oh agree mate, that's why I said there's a difference between things being said by a manager and things being done.

although i don't even believe he said that in the media, and if he did he's hedging his bets. (We'll still get 2 in imo) i think it would be incredibly naive for us not to do more business.

That said he's not even involved in the transfer side of things aside from saying yes or no so it doesn't worry me all that much.

Didn't say no more signing at all though did he mate, said he always looks at the youth set up first and if he doesn't see anyone there then he will make a signing

That's the translation, I read it in the original Dutch. Sorry to be the harbinger of bad news

Which is fine. Absolutely fine for me.
In an ideal world, I'd like to see a few more being brought in. A lot on here expect a very big and busy summer for Everton, me too. The more players we have to bed in the longer it will take for them to gel as a team. Anyone brought in now, will probably have gelled in by then though.

Having said that, I'm much more relaxed now than I was a month ago over our prospect for this season. Very satisfied with Schneiderlin, who I rate immensely. Also Lookman looks like a very shrewd acquisition and Davies and Robles making good progress in claiming first team spots.

In an ideal world, I'd like to see a few more being brought in. A lot on here expect a very big and busy summer for Everton, me too. The more players we have to bed in the longer it will take for them to gel as a team. Anyone brought in now, will probably have gelled in by then though.

Having said that, I'm much more relaxed now than I was a month ago over our prospect for this season. Very satisfied with Schneiderlin, who I rate immensely. Also Lookman looks like a very shrewd acquisition and Davies and Robles making good progress in claiming first team spots.

Agree with every word.

Plus he's quickly identified who he doesn't want and taken steps to either ship them out or let them know that they need to start looking for another club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back