Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top of the spend charts is irreverent as we have let multiple players go on loan with option to buy

Valencia is useless we have had months to scout a striker and an extensive search apparently resulted in Belfodi (Deal fell in due to financial problems surprise surprise)

Nobody is expecting Demeble or Martial etc. It is not unreasonable to want one more first team player but by the managers quotes in press and the silence from the club we can rule out anymore singing's.

I don't think it's unreasonable at all mate. We still need 2-3 for me. I suppose it's about trying to get the right player though isn't it? Would you rather wait until the summer if it meant we got the right players?

It's a good post mate, but what would you call adequate cover? I think in January we will struggle to get a good enough player. 2 options we have, either take a caste off (someone like Martial, or Iheanacho/Rashford) or buy in a potentially good striker. We tried that with Isak and didn't work.

We only have 16 games left now. If we can't get the right player why not wait until the summer, when we may be able to add a Dolberg, or a Martial?
By adequate cover i mean someone who can come in and do a similar role as him, i think you'd have to look outside of the premier league but there would be someone there.

I don't want us to wait until the summer because our chance to finish 6th is right now, not then. In the summer everyone else will improve also so the same chance may not be afforded to us then (although i do agree for a lot of positions we can wait until the summer, goalkeeper, center half, winger) We are one injury away from us having absolutely no chance of finishing in automatic europe place, if Rom goes we go, and West brom aren't even far behind us themselves.

I don't think anyone's saying that mate. The balance is a lot better and the emergence of Tom Davies has helped a lot. We still need a few in, no doubt.

The CM positions are great, still deadwood in Besic Gibson etc to move on but if we could replicate our depth all over the pitch with what we have at CM, we'd be sound. Just don't think we have the tens of millions to invest as we all thought when Moshiri came.

Must admit you do have a point, before the City win the squad was crap and most of them needed to be shipped out because they were cowards and were not good enough.

Mate we all know for a fact if we was turned over by city, drew with Crystal Palace and Ross didn't score v Hull. The Baxter news would of tipped the fans over the edge we would be FUMING frothing at the mouth, Kenwright out shout would be back (Somehow to blame for transfers) Question marks over Walsh having months and only coming up with a failed move for Belfodi.

RESULTS are massive game changer. Just think if we go on another 1 win in 10 streak (Can't see it but it's football anything can happen)
We can class this window as missed opportunity.

Just after summer when results was good for few weeks and everyone was chill, contrast to Watford game when people wanted manager sacked.

If we don't bring in a striker this window, then it's a failed window. Simple as that.

2268e340aa1c44b88c71fd12ce994387.jpg

If we don't bring in a striker this window, then it's a failed window. Simple as that.

We seen first hand the anxiety of the fans when it looked like we had been arguing over few Million over Morgan. I am convinced more people would be angry about Walsh thinking Valencia is acceptable if we didn't win last few games. Papering over the cracks simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back