Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, anybody else seen the tweet from one of the biggest Utd fan TV hosts saying Depay to us is apparently lined up?

Just sharing it here - even though it's a tenuous rumour

Second time in a week you have posted my post there from about 5/6 months ago mate - without tagging me in or using the quote button, you utter cockwomble, slow day on RAWK?

Sorry, I should have quoted you but I couldn't find it. That post is not something I'd want to be taking credit for though!!!!! That's gotta be one of the most misguided posts I've ever read. And can you please stop it with the RAWK references. I posted your post to compare the optimism of then compared to today. I think it's a relevant comparison. We're not in a good place at the minute.

Need 9 new players into the staring 11 minimum for me. January needs to be the genesis.
I think some people are overstating the required changes or at least in the short to medium term and where our true deficiencies are.

In the long-term we do require sizeable change, but I think three or four key acquisitions (come straight in and play) will improve us significantly.

For me the weakness is in our midfield so I would priorities a central midfielder who can actually move around, look forward and pass forward.

Then add that elusive number ten playmaker who will give Rom freedom and support and hopefully revitalise our placid and toothless wingers.

Those two could and should make a big difference, yet another forward option to support Rom and a centre back as well would be nice.

Once they're improved then it might spur some of the players we've already got to actually perform to the level that they should be playing to.

Then it could be looking at full backs, wingers and a new keeper which for me aren't glaring priorities if we fix the failures that are so evident.

I think some people are overstating the required changes or at least in the short to medium term and where our true deficiencies are.

In the long-term we do require sizeable change, but I think three or four key acquisitions (come straight in and play) will improve us significantly.

For me the weakness is in our midfield so I would priorities a central midfielder who can actually move around, look forward and pass forward.

Then add that elusive number ten playmaker who will give Rom freedom and support and hopefully revitalise our placid and toothless wingers.

Those two could and should make a big difference, yet another forward option to support Rom and a centre back as well would be nice.

Once they're improved then it might spur some of the players we've already got to actually perform to the level that they should be playing to.

Then it could be looking at full backs, wingers and a new keeper which for me aren't glaring priorities if we fix the failures that are so evident.
Oh I agree mate. I think we are ok down back. Our issue is we offer little threat in the attacking department apart from Lukaku. 3 changes to the midfield area can fix this immediately.

Agree ref centre mid but the central defence is now a real worry if Koeman isn't sure on mori & holgate he needs to play them now personally & find out for definite I'd drop jags completely out of the squad. We almost certainly then will need either a starting centre half if mori or holgate don't cut it or a backup if they are good enough.

We then need to get up 10 yards it's impossible to press over 30 yards the gap between the defence & lukaku
Is too far even Gueye to cover & he is now starting to struggle & poor Barry well today was as bad as he has ever been in his career all because of the shape of the team.

Oh I agree mate. I think we are ok down back. Our issue is we offer little threat in the attacking department apart from Lukaku. 3 changes to the midfield area can fix this immediately.
Our midfield far too often slows down our play and takes too many touches which as a result makes them appear stationary and immobile.

Even when we break we seem to lack the confidence to play and become overly hesitant. Two effective midfielders down the spine could fix this.

Rom for examples makes lots of lovely little runs in most games, however we very rarely actually utilise these with playing him balls to run onto.

The wingers may also actually do their job and play wide instead of being part of the train of players who pass in front of our opposition's defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back