Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delay was a brilliant talent, unfortunately, he's one of them players who's had his head turned by the glamour and the money, he just doesn't look interested anymore. its a no from me. But, given where we are, it's probably a gamble worth taking. Big name, big talent, can't think of many other players who'd entertain coming here, get his head right and we may be on to something. Big 'if' though.

Delay was a brilliant talent, unfortunately, he's one of them players who's had his head turned by the glamour and the money, he just doesn't look interested anymore. its a no from me. But, given where we are, it's probably a gamble worth taking. Big name, big talent, can't think of many other players who'd entertain coming here, get his head right and we may be on to something. Big 'if' though.

Who is this then? Sounds exciting! Any good on FIFA?

Agree ref centre mid but the central defence is now a real worry if Koeman isn't sure on mori & holgate he needs to play them now personally & find out for definite I'd drop jags completely out of the squad. We almost certainly then will need either a starting centre half if mori or holgate don't cut it or a backup if they are good enough.

We then need to get up 10 yards it's impossible to press over 30 yards the gap between the defence & lukaku
Is too far even Gueye to cover & he is now starting to struggle & poor Barry well today was as bad as he has ever been in his career all because of the shape of the team.

Believe Kone will be coming in from Sunderland for the centre defender roll.

Depay on the wing and Morgan for CM both from United.

There will be a couple out too

Source: dreamt it :)

Michael Kean from Burnley. Jagielka punted, obviously.

Keane and Heaton would be upgrades on Steklenburg and Jagielka. I have a feeling we'll make a statement of intent and go for VVD in January. I know you don't think much of Moshiri so far but with all his utterances to Jim White in the media and Koeman under pressure from the fans I really do think he'll release the purse strings in January. God we need him too!

Keane and Heaton would be upgrades on Steklenburg and Jagielka. I have a feeling we'll make a statement of intent and go for VVD in January. I know you don't think much of Moshiri so far but with all his utterances to Jim White in the media and Koeman under pressure from the fans I really do think he'll release the purse strings in January. God we need him too!
My concern is how these players are paid for in the end. Buy three in January and then sell Lukaku in the summer? No thanks.

People are dreaming if you think were going to a) sign loads in Jan and b) let go of loads in Jan.

Its all well and good saying 'sell Jags/Kev' etc but who in the right mind would take them?

Best we can hope for is Kone/Niasse/Oviedo may be going for nominal fee's in terms of outs.

You do not sell your club captain in January. Sorry but it just doesnt happen.

Haven't seen liverpool linked with him yet mate.

You sound more desperate then confident.

Michael Kean from Burnley. Jagielka punted, obviously.

United front runners Dave, and this isn't just media spec I'm basing it on either.

Not to say I wouldn't like us to be in for him like - would definitely be worth it.

But a big big bid from Utd is apparently in the offing. Whether that comes to fruition remains to be seen.

People are dreaming if you think were going to a) sign loads in Jan and b) let go of loads in Jan.

Its all well and good saying 'sell Jags/Kev' etc but who in the right mind would take them?

Best we can hope for is Kone/Niasse/Oviedo may be going for nominal fee's in terms of outs.

You do not sell your club captain in January. Sorry but it just doesnt happen.

That's true Jinks.

3 in, 3-4 out is my guess.

As long as the ones who do come in are quality though, then that's what matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back