Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
United front runners Dave, and this isn't just media spec I'm basing it on either.

Not to say I wouldn't like us to be in for him like - would definitely be worth it.

But a big big bid from Utd is apparently in the offing. Whether that comes to fruition remains to be seen.

Growing trend lately of players coming back to the prem/going back for large amounts to big clubs who didn't originally think they were good enough.

United front runners Dave, and this isn't just media spec I'm basing it on either.

Not to say I wouldn't like us to be in for him like - would definitely be worth it.

But a big big bid from Utd is apparently in the offing. Whether that comes to fruition remains to be seen.
Didn't they sell him to burnley ?

People are dreaming if you think were going to a) sign loads in Jan and b) let go of loads in Jan.

Its all well and good saying 'sell Jags/Kev' etc but who in the right mind would take them?

Best we can hope for is Kone/Niasse/Oviedo may be going for nominal fee's in terms of outs.

You do not sell your club captain in January. Sorry but it just doesnt happen.

i don't understand why some of our fans can't accept players aren't good enough for the first team, but can still do a job as a bit-part player. I wouldn't have jags or mirallas in my starting XI, but they'd definitely be in or around my bench. We can't survive with a top quality first XI and then just kids after them.

i don't understand why some of our fans can't accept players aren't good enough for the first team, but can still do a job as a bit-part player. I wouldn't have jags or mirallas in my starting XI, but they'd definitely be in or around my bench. We can't survive with a top quality first XI and then just kids after them.

Mirallas is a bit part player pal. Hes still not good enough.

Get Wayne back and go 2 up top with Rom. Would bring some passion onto the pitch and Rom needs a strike partner, think it could Ossington reignite the passion in Rooney aswell.

He;d have to weigh up playing time and his nascent England career. I'd bet on a determined bid from us over that...unless he's a United fan etc...

Anyone who thinks we will sign quality this January needs to sort there life out. We get let down every single window.. and last summer when we finally had money supposedly?! I thought maybe things will change.. no

We bought Valencia on loan from West Ham??? Lol and kept players like kone. Madness

Utd have signed someone from Portugal last week I think. Big centre half but not sure if he is joining in January or next season.

Be surprised if they move for Keane.

That's Lindelof from Benfica, they were linked in the summer as well and the links have resurfaced heavily in the past few days.
Seems a good deal more likely than Keane.

Anyone who thinks we will sign quality this January needs to sort there life out. We get let down every single window.. and last summer when we finally had money supposedly?! I thought maybe things will change.. no

We bought Valencia on loan from West Ham??? Lol and kept players like kone. Madness
We need to sort out a balance of players, youth and buy sensible like we did with gueye, skekelenberg I'm not sure I really want the real big name players, even if we could get them. I like how Southampton are doing it gradually involving a few youth players, why not give Holgate and davies more playing time, how it is at the moment they couldn't do any worse. Also lukaku needs help up front, valencia looked OK in his cameo apprance today, at least he ran dragging defenders with him. Mr Koeman you have really got to step up now, your team is nearly looking as bad as Martinez's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back