Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Lukakau and his agent know that now as well

Contract was 99% done weeks ago and then all gone cold, Think he's been told he can go in the summer

Moshiri himself has lot of money, just can't spend big money as he'd like for one reason or another due to FFP and shoddy negotiation team.

Think the club will be used as his cash cow for underwhelming sponsorship deals for now until he can create a stadium with the big revenue.

When he delegates the stadium role to Harris and the transfers to Bill he can be very passive and within few years have the club up to a higher level of revenue so he can either bleed the club dry or sell on for a tidy profit.

Just unconvinced with whats going on at the min

Very happy with the signings and I know Jan is a bad window, But, Somethings not right

Nobody wants to listen to the truth Ernie, just keep the status quo.

It will take the summer for people to realise I think

I'm going to vault you so hard this summer, you won't want Everton to sign anymore 'stars' for your own sanity. Welcome to the pain.

Been told we won't sign another first team player this window. You may vault me if we do - but we won't. I'm 1000% confident.

We may do business for our U23s, but as far as the first team goes that's it for now is my understanding.
Not going to be a huge shock then. Glad I'm swerving sky sports this time for the vinny of conner updates trying to keep people watching in hope.

Moshiri himself has lot of money, just can't spend big money as he'd like for one reason or another due to FFP and shoddy negotiation team.

Think the club will be used as his cash cow for underwhelming sponsorship deals for now until he can create a stadium with the big revenue.

When he delegates the stadium role to Harris and the transfers to Bill he can be very passive and within few years have the club up to a higher level of revenue so he can either bleed the club dry or sell on for a tidy profit.

But he told Jim White he was bidding 50m for a defender in Italy and we made a 30m bid for Sissoko

That's 80m, Why haven't we spent that now?

Im not anti-Mosh myself, I think he will good for us and im very, very pleased with the business we have done overall so far, in both windows, just that the myth that we have spent a penny needs putting to bed.

were never going to invest huge amounts on the squad untill the new stadium is being built. so that includes this summer, i doubt the diggers will be in till at least 2018.

the profit lies in the waterfront stadium with a great squad of players challenging for titles, not a half baked team in a crumbling stadium!

It's not been a bad window. In fact we've got rid of a lot of surplus dross. But it's not been brilliant. Slightly better than average. I'd we sign a striker it becomes a very good window.

My overall fear with the lack of back up strikers being pursued is we know Rom is off so will hold off till we get his sale over with. Would be a huge huge blow and uncover a few myths if this is the case.

But he told Jim White he was bidding 50m for a defender in Italy and we made a 30m bid for Sissoko

That's 80m, Why haven't we spent that now?
50 million for a defender who wasn't for sale and 30 million on a panic bid which to be fair was rerouted to a player we actually wanted this window.

Rumours meant to have us in for Van Dijk no matter how true they were so if we had have done then there's the money.

Wow, I'm not being cynical for once!

I'm going to vault you so hard this summer, you won't want Everton to sign anymore 'stars' for your own sanity. Welcome to the pain.

Im not anti-Mosh Ian.

I think we have as much dough as needed, we just dont wanna get our pants pulled down in this window when we only have a slim chance of pushing further than we sit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back