Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still has a right to speak his mind though and does have a few fair points tbf.

Getting called a Kopite for having different opinions to most happy clappers.

In much the same way that the Mod Team is adverse to posters being referred to as Kopites without due cause or proof, there's equally no need for the use of 'happy clappers' to be used in such a derogatory fashion.

neither have vastly improved us ffs they've hardly played 90mins between them

let's see who's sold between now and Tuesday night hey

They've vastly improved us in that they aren't Cleverley or Kone/Niasse...

In signing two players we've given ourselves the opportunity to play several different systems well.

We could do with at least one more in this window, as I said. If it happens, class. If not, we'll be fine.

And we won't be selling anybody who is a first team player.

West ham can't cancel the loan as we paid a fee. We have no intention of sending him back as he was one of walsh's men along with another man he wanted Belfodi. Not a very good track record of strikers coupled with the fact it was also mackenzie who was at leicester who also claimed to of scouted Mahrez and co who subsequently got a move to spurs because of it.

Weird it doesn't add up we have had all these months to get players and the panic loan remains. Bizarre how the hidden gem man can't find a striker to play next to Rom. Guess our Kevin will be 'like a new signing'

Why would he have gotten the Spurs job on the back of 'discovering ' Mahrez mate, when Spurs hired him in February 2015 and at that point Mahrez was looking absolutely nothing special whatsoever - hence why the next season not one team showed any itnerest in him in the summer

This is the way I see our position, for what it's worth.

We've brought in Morgan and Lookman this window, together with Gana from the summer. Add to them the emergence of Davies under Koeman's tutelage and that's at least 3 starters better off than we were just 6 months ago. So the starting eleven is already 25% better off than it was. Not to mention to weight off in deadwood we've been craving.

Yes I'd love a proven striker to come in before Wednesday to partner Lukaku as we'd panic without him, but to be honest, he's only scored 3 of the last 13 league games if I recall correctly. Yes, we need all the goals we can get if we're going for Europe, and I wouldn't sit calmly if he was injured, but the club won't implode between now and summer if we don't find a partner for him in the next 2 days.

Providing we don't make a mess of ourselves and the top 6 don't slip up in the cup runs, we should be in Europa next season. If that's what RK and FM are waiting to be able to offer the real marquee striker in summer before showing financial muscle, then I'm fine with that.

West ham can't cancel the loan as we paid a fee. We have no intention of sending him back as he was one of walsh's men along with another man he wanted Belfodi. Not a very good track record of strikers coupled with the fact it was also mackenzie who was at leicester who also claimed to of scouted Mahrez and co who subsequently got a move to spurs because of it.

Weird it doesn't add up we have had all these months to get players and the panic loan remains. Bizarre how the hidden gem man can't find a striker to play next to Rom. Guess our Kevin will be 'like a new signing'

So much wrong with that post

We overpaid for Bolasie. That statement you just said has been debunked with respect. We need another attacking option but with Koeman's comments about lookman it will be a case of 'go with what we have got' EG Walsh's man Enner.
Reasonable certain you don't know what that word means. With respect.

What on earth has Bolasie got to do with anything, we need a second choice striker, if there aren't any to be had without paying an extortionate fee then so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back