Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've had months to do that though yet have failed to acquire a striker this window. Not so sure Enner is a stop-gap myself.

Identifying the right player can take months of looking, researching and negotiating, anyone who thinks it can happen overnight knows nothing whatsoever about recruiting.

Valencia is here till the end of the season at the very most and then he'll go back to West Ham with our thanks for his efforts.

People believe that we won't bring anyone in before Tuesday and some believe we will .. personally I think given we went for Belfodi there is a recognition there that we need a additional striker . I think it'll happen. Overall I still think having got rid of the players we already have done plus potentially 2/3 more out the door it's been a successful window

Why would you do that when you could cancel the loan and send him back to West Ham

West ham can't cancel the loan as we paid a fee. We have no intention of sending him back as he was one of walsh's men along with another man he wanted Belfodi. Not a very good track record of strikers coupled with the fact it was also mackenzie who was at leicester who also claimed to of scouted Mahrez and co who subsequently got a move to spurs because of it.

Weird it doesn't add up we have had all these months to get players and the panic loan remains. Bizarre how the hidden gem man can't find a striker to play next to Rom. Guess our Kevin will be 'like a new signing'

He is Steve Walsh's signing the panic loan theory will be debunked if we fail to sign another striker this window. (I suspect we are done for this window as the money has run out, hence the prioritising of Depay over Morgan instead of buying both). Depay could play striker and manager was vocal about wanting him.

I'd imagine we would've bought both if we managed to permanently flog some extra deadwood earlier in the window, James Mc for example. But we couldn't as Blue Bill seems to refuse to entertain transfer negotiations outside the window. Me, I think Koeman's comments after the Leicester game were a result of being told there wasn't enough money to get all of his targets in so now we've only got 2 of a potential 4 or 5.

He must still be fuming at the board - surely he knows a few wins doesn't mean we don't need more additions (which we do, namely striker and CB)

I'd imagine we would've bought both if we managed to permanently flog some extra deadwood earlier in the window, James Mc for example. But we couldn't as Blue Bill seems to refuse to entertain transfer negotiations outside the window. Me, I think Koeman's comments after the Leicester game were a result of being told there wasn't enough money to get all of his targets in so now we've only got 2 of a potential 4 or 5.

He must still be fuming at the board - surely he knows a few wins doesn't mean we don't need more additions (which we do, namely striker and CB)

The is no way he fumed at the board and said in press conference he hopes for more for them two. He needs to grow a backbone and demand signing's as we could end up having to hold on to 7th with skin of teeth if lukaku goes who is going to score the goals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back