Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there are last minute signings I hope they are a) 20 years old or more (that is-someone with actual experience of playing in one of Europe's top leagues) and b) rated 75+ on Fifa 17.

I'm sure you all agree (especially on the fifa thing).

The squad need beefing up with some quality.....after letting Del go surly we needed to bring in another winger. I'm not as happy as others for just letting players go. Only takes a few suspensions and couple of injurys.

Del wasn't even getting in the squad, so he's hardly going to be missed. For the right wing we have Lookman, Lennon and Mirallas. Striker is more important...and a CB.

The squad need beefing up with some quality.....after letting Del go surly we needed to bring in another winger. I'm not as happy as others for just letting players go. Only takes a few suspensions and couple of injurys.

But those players are crap Sharpy and we'll never get a better chance to try some of the U23s

It's probably aggregate £300,000 a week saved in wages plus loan fees.

I'm glad he has. Maybe it was strategy. In a few months We've gone from being a club that everybody knew were suddenly loaded AND desperate (a bad starting combo for a good deal) to a club that isn't obviously splashing cash, and is publicly prepared to walk away from a deal if it isn't good enough.

Good management if you ask me.

Possibly, but some deals got so far down the line that they were basically - #witsel is ours.

Like Gabbiadini, Koeman has been after him for two windows yet pulled a deal within the first 10 days of this window.

Don't get me wrong, the deal has got to be right for us but doing all the leg work to say no just baffles me.

I'm delighted with getting rid of some of the absolute dross robbing a living off us so Ronald is to be commended for that. But like you, I feel we are a couple of players short to really give the 2nd half of the season a good go. 2nd striker, creative player and a cb in and I'd be absolutely delighted.

They've had months knowing what was needed, I hope by tomorrow night we aren't saying we've missed another opportunity to gain some more ground on our rivals.

Still, the player cull has been superb! I never knew there were that many people to mug off in one window lol

If there are last minute signings I hope they are a) 20 years old or more (that is-someone with actual experience of playing in one of Europe's top leagues) and b) rated 75+ on Fifa 17.

I'm sure you all agree (especially on the fifa thing).
Yes mate, after all you never win anything with kids.

I reckon these signing will be ok for Sunderland there decent mid table players and will keep Sunderland competitive if they can stay fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back