Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm delighted with getting rid of some of the absolute dross robbing a living off us so Ronald is to be commended for that. But like you, I feel we are a couple of players short to really give the 2nd half of the season a good go. 2nd striker, creative player and a cb in and I'd be absolutely delighted.

They've had months knowing what was needed, I hope by tomorrow night we aren't saying we've missed another opportunity to gain some more ground on our rivals.

Still, the player cull has been superb! I never knew there were that many people to mug off in one window lol

I'm loving it mate. Can't remember ever getting genuinely excited about selling players before, but here we are.

Possibly, but some deals got so far down the line that they were basically - #witsel is ours.

Like Gabbiadini, Koeman has been after him for two windows yet pulled a deal within the first 10 days of this window.

Don't get me wrong, the deal has got to be right for us but doing all the leg work to say no just baffles me.

Ronald on his weird trips I reckon.

Goes off on the source, mushys and beak for two days after a game - win, lose or draw - Maradona-esque.

Ends up rocking in on a Monday wired as tits, licking the remnants of flake from his baggie before his weekly meeting with Walsh, who just bombards him with random players from the arse-end of nowhere.

By the time it's all over big Ron's got the fear and just sacks training off to go on the golf course. By the time he's sobered up for Thursday's presser, he realises that in the last two days he's deemed Valencia and Kone as adequate back-ups for Rom, so just decides to slate the board or say the players are tosh.

Great stuff from Ron-Ko.

I'm loving it mate. Can't remember ever getting genuinely excited about selling players before, but here we are.

yep, normally gutted when players go because I'm like "well he needs replacing" but nearly every player we are flogging has contributed sod all so I'm not arsed about getting rid of them.

Worst case scenario a couple of the u23's get promoted up to the squad and I can live with that.

I think Mccarthy will be next and we will be ripping Newcastle off to the tune of 20m all being well.

But those players are crap Sharpy and we'll never get a better chance to try some of the U23s

It's probably aggregate £300,000 a week saved in wages plus loan fees.

That i will agree with, i have no problem shipping them out. My problem is not replacing them. The squad seems really thin. Except for CM ov corse

what's the chatter mate, possible to do a deal this window do you think or is this a no go until the summer?

The chatter is minimal but WRD seems to have info. As for Keane, I think someone in here posted that it'll be more to make a deal in the summer which I think is the case.

Would've thought so.

I mean, WRD mentioned him, but there's been plenty of rumblings, and a very good poster on here who I fully believe has solid info.

Still don't think Dyche, the 4-4-2-loving-cretin, will let him go though. Or the Burnley board for that matter.

I do live in hope though.

15 could force their hand, especially if they risk losing him for less in a few months time. They'll stay up as there's about 6 teams worse than them in the division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back