Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont see any of the top teams panicking to go out and buy players so why should we?

We have spent more than any other team this window so far plus were willing to go get certain others but for one reason or another Koeman vetoed.

To get money in for players we dont need/want/want first team football is a good thing.

Transfer window is not all about getting in this or that massive signing just for the sake of it, so calm down everyone

No it was £1m, got misprinted once as £5m and that figure seems to be the one used on websites like Transfer League.

We paid 1m for Oviedo and 500k for Gibbo

Ah right, thanks for that.

Shame we couldn't keep Bryan till Summer then and use the profit as justification for increasing the wage bill next season, but I can't blame him for wanting to play first team football, I'm always disappointed in players that are just happy to sit on the bench or be second choice.

No signings appears to be the most likely outcome. Perhaps 1 or 2 out.

Not concerned with net spend - am concerned if we wasted any of the freedom to increase salary due to the Stones sale as that would be an indication of stupidity and lack of planning. If there is no waste and we either used the space the sale created or can carry it into the summer then no harm done.

I am a bit more concerned with the grand plan to get rid of everyone and then sign what seems like a full side worth in the summer. Particularly if we let McCarthy and Lennon go.

The theory being once we have Europe we can attract better players. The flaws being 1) we have hardly secured Europe and 2) if we do secure Europe we will need even more players.

Nobody will argue that Niasse, Cleverley, Kone and Gibson leaving would be job well done. McCarthy, Oviedo and Lennon are useful though for a squad playing on 3 fronts (league, cup, europe).

We are leaving ourselves ALOT of work this summer.....

The stones sale thing was an excuse the was no intention of signing anyone for big money as demonstrated by this window and our back to back negative net spend coupled with the fact manager has confirmed enner was his plan all along and that it was not a panic loan as some would of lead you to believe

bpg2.gif

Welcome back ;)

gabriel-grandentrance.gif

Highly unlikely but testing ajaxs resolve with a huge bid for dolberg would be entertaining and he fits the bill as a versatile attacker. Not quite a sure thing as 19 year old rom was but I would be very surprised if he wasn't a successful footballer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back