Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
He hasn't got rid of anyone who offers something, I would say maybe Oviedo cover for Baines but he is still pants. Now we have room for a couple of young kids to get a chance... Its a win-win for me if they come in and fail so what, the ones he sold done that on a regular basis (failed) and rinsed a load of cash out the club
I'm quite shocked at developments tbh. Are we sure little green men didn't come down and kidnap RK on new years eve, replacing him with a lookalike brainwashed by Davek.

What have you done with our Ronnie Dave?

Reactions: JLW

The decks have definitely been cleared. all our focus should be adding quality in the summer no distractions having to move players on .only thing missing this window for me was another forward

Mad man Besic in a training ground rampage

Besic nearly back is the best news all window for me.

facebook_heart-04.jpg

Happy with the players we have brought in and the players we have shipped out but after the false promise in the summer i still think we have failed a bit and could have done better this window. I disnt expect loads but another 1 or 2 to show intent and to try and put some pressure on 5 an 6 for the second half of the season.

Dont understand why we went for keane on the last day of the window knowing burnley jad no replacment. If your bidding on the last day they cant be your first choice. I would have rather the club come out days ago and said we have tried but we cant get what we want and so we will wait. Atleast then the fans arent expecting or hoping for a deal.

Suddenly get six injuries and we're looking a bit foolish, that's all I'm saying. I'm delighted we've got rid of them, but really surprised one or two haven't come in given we've had a month to do business and allegedly have cash to spend.
6 injuries to any squad in this league would be harmful and were no different, but its very unlikely we will get 6.. As I said were in a comfortable position were he can take that risk.
I would take Garbutt over Oviedo
DCL over Kone
Donkor over Niasse
and any one of the U23 midfielders over Cleverley and Gibson..

So For me he has strengthened the squad in that way

It's fairly simple. This has been a culling of epic proportions. Month of the long knives with a capital K for Koeman. That aspect has been brilliant.

But we need to rebuild our squad with quality in the summer. I expect very big things. There's no excuses if we don't. There can be no waiting to January. It's our time this summer. Either the club have the balls and brains to go and seize the opportunity or we will miss the boat and flounder with a tiny squad. Make or break as they say. Let's see you Moshiri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back