Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

We have one chance, that being he still likes Koeman and wants to work with him again, and Moshiri is willing to pay through his nose to get him

Not impossible, but if Liverpool throw 40 Million his way, I struggle to see how we'll top that unless he really likes Koeman and Koeman can sell him on the club

It'd be quite the feather in Koeman's cap if he could pull it off

Gonna be hard to sell this club on any decent player now mate

We have one chance, that being he still likes Koeman and wants to work with him again, and Moshiri is willing to pay through his nose to get him

Not impossible, but if Liverpool throw 40 Million his way, I struggle to see how we'll top that unless he really likes Koeman and Koeman can sell him on the club

It'd be quite the feather in Koeman's cap if he could pull it off

Depends on money, if vvd is the one koeman wants and if we actually where willing to go 40-60m for koulibaly as the owner stated (big if I know), a player similar to Virgil in age and style, but unproven in this league, then go get it done, can guarantee there is no chance on earth that Liverpool will go and make a centre back there highest ever transfer fee, Liverpool have made a load of signings around the 20-25m Mark but players they've tried to get that end up going much over 30m always they end up losing out to other teams, those owners always have one eye on the resale value as per moneyeball mentality, mane 23, firminho 22, clyne 23, all players if they sell within there initial 5 year contracts would be at there peaks still value wise. Wijmaldum and lallana both bought atm the same age as van dyke but 20-25m each is a lot different then upwards of 40-50m for a similar age cb, your talking them having to pay the absolute top end fee for the position, something they have no history of doing under these owners.

Not saying we will get him but sure as can be they won't either.

If we had a team based on current players, for me it would be:
Formation 3-5-2
GK: Stekelenberg
RCB: Coleman
CB: Williams
LCB: Funes Mori
RCM: Gueye
LCM: Davies
RM: Deulofeu
LM: Bolasie
CAM: Mirallas
RS: Niasse
LS: Lukaku

But if we were to get some players in, for me the team should then be:
Formation 3-5-2
GK: Butland
RCB: Coleman
CB: Koulibaly
LCB: Van Dijk
RCM: Gueye
LCM: Witsel
RM: Deulofeu
LM: Bolasie
CAM: Mirallas
RS: Hernandez/Iheanacho
LS: Lukaku
Worst thing I've ever read in my life

Wouldnt mind a punt on Dembele from Celtic, has fantastic potential and wouldnt cost the earth as Celtic couldnt say no to a decent offer. We could even offer McCarthy in exchange - 2 birds, one stone and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back