Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crystal Palace have agreed a deal to sign Koné.
c2192f9c1e4c9eb5c17e1f24affe37eb67c08459f991487cc19016e1c660cd73.jpg

Someone identified to replace at least a couple of the players we planned to get rid of in the window.

Except that is the point, the club said the summer was a failure and mistakes will be learned from and then in all that time all the short list came up with was Morgan schneiderlain?

So what did the club do in regards to not only short listing players but identifying one or two replacements for you know, 6 squad players? A quarter of the squad is gone and most not replaced.
No Mate..... I asked who ? give me a name.

Look at the standard of club they've ended up at. We're above that.
Agreed which is why I question how seriously we wanted these players in the summer. If Gabbiadini was really our plan for striker reinforcements why didn't we get him now, given we still need strengthening in that area? I am not fuming we didn't as I will assume we have other plans (unless he goes on to score 15 a season for the next couple of years for Southampton) for the summer. Maybe Calvert Lewin & Lookman have convinced Koeman and Walsh that they have what they need for now and are smarter business than our summer targets?

Got rid of the dead wood so not all bad... wage bill down ready for the summer. Dont loose any sleep lads. It could be worse ;)

Wage bill won't be down.

Remember in the summer @The Esk went through STCC rules and said we would have to make a profit from a sale to enable us to increase our wages significantly. That profit from the Stones sale has sailed away now.

Come this summer we will be able to increase wages by 7 million ( Premier league STCC rules for TV money ) plus increase in commercial revenues, with the new sponsorship let's say an extra 7 million.

Come summertime if we want to spend big and afford the increase in wages we need to sell someone like Barkley to comply with STCC.

And we had brought in a CF, a win tomorrow and you never know, i think the top 6 are feeling the pressure of trying to get into the champions league.
Seems that Koeman is happy with what he has ......Loads of slipping and sliding from the teams above whereas we seem to be getting STRONGER !!;)

Wage bill won't be down.

Remember in the summer @The Esk went through STCC rules and said we would have to make a profit from a sale to enable us to increase our wages significantly. That profit from the Stones sale has sailed away now.

Come this summer we will be able to increase wages by 7 million ( Premier league STCC rules for TV money ) plus increase in commercial revenues, with the new sponsorship let's say an extra 7 million.

Come summertime if we want to spend big and afford the increase in wages we need to sell someone like Barkley to comply with STCC.
May depend on the phasing of the Stones money, I doubt we got all of it up front?

Give this thread a decent burial in an hour, transfers and/or the lack thereof have been analysed to death for weeks and months.

There are several gaps in the squad GK/CB/AM/F as a minimum.

RK/SW will have had almost a year each collectively by the summer and already have assessed the squad inside and out, top to bottom.

If they don't bring in additions in those positions and potentially more, it's either because they don't think we need them, or we don't have a budget to stretch that far, for the quality desired.

There are so many complicating factors FFP, Lukaku, BMD, the real extent of the funds available, our attractiveness to the players we want etc, at the end of the day we will just have to wait and see.

Either way, I think this summer will one way or another be the defining one for Moshiri, we can't recycle this type of debate after that.

I find myself with reasons to consider this window a positive, I thought we did some good overall business in the summer window, Yala getting injured maybe took the gloss off the whole thing with his injury, I know the lad has his knockers and we defo overpaid for the lad, but I think he would have been making a major contribution, so its a shame.

We had Mosh then coming out talking about Monopoly money and 60m bids for CBs and other little snippets of signings like the boys Depay and Dafoldil, all in all we signed a very good CM, a very exciting prospect and of course shifted some utterly horrific players who we thankfully will never have to watch enter a pitch in blue again.

All in all im left feeling a little bit meh, we have done some good business in places but we have yet again left the squad weak in some pretty key areas, but ok, this is football.

We have 16 games to go, time will judge whether Ronnys decisions will bite us on the arse, but the most important thing is that we are now left with not a single excuse I would find acceptable in the summer to not do some serious business and improve the squad all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back