Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Players In
Maarten Stekelenburg
Morgan Schneiderlin
Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Ademola Lookman
Yannick Bolasie
Ashley Williams
Enner Valencia(Loan)
Anton Donker(Loan)

Players Out
Bryan Oviedo
John Stones
Darron Gibson
Tom Cleverley(Loan)
Gerard Deulofeu(Loan)
Aiden McGeady(Loan)
Arouna Kone(Loan)
Shani Tarashaj(Loan)
Oumar Niasse(Loan)

8 Ins 9 Outs

Stronger, but nowhere near as strong as I would want us to be. Underwhelmed by both windows

Wage bill won't be down.

Remember in the summer @The Esk went through STCC rules and said we would have to make a profit from a sale to enable us to increase our wages significantly. That profit from the Stones sale has sailed away now.

Come this summer we will be able to increase wages by 7 million ( Premier league STCC rules for TV money ) plus increase in commercial revenues, with the new sponsorship let's say an extra 7 million.

Come summertime if we want to spend big and afford the increase in wages we need to sell someone like Barkley to comply with STCC.
I'm thinking a McCarthy sale at around 18million would suffice

Players In
Maarten Stekelenburg
Morgan Schneiderlin
Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Ademola Lookman
Yannick Bolasie
Ashley Williams
Enner Valencia(Loan)
Anton Donker(Loan)

Players Out
Bryan Oviedo
John Stones
Darron Gibson
Tom Cleverley(Loan)
Gerard Deulofeu(Loan)
Aiden McGeady(Loan)
Arouna Kone(Loan)
Shani Tarashaj(Loan)
Oumar Niasse(Loan)

8 Ins 9 Outs

Thats our main business over 2 windows, for people who care about such things, a net spend of roughly minus 8m, give or take a few pennies, based on sale prices of garbo that wont be coming back.

The question is, has the squad been improved or weakened.

I vote stronger.

5 players in who will actively compete for a name on the team sheet, 7 players out who had no chance of getting close to the first team

Stronger

Grosicki to Hull, and Gabbiadini to Southampton makes me wonder how seriously we wanted these players in the summer? If we had serious interest I don't see why this wasn't followed up, surely we are a more attractive proposition than either of those!!

We got as close as we could to having him done during this window but Koeman pulled the deal.

Grosicki just impressed during the Euros and we wanted a winger, never serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back