Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wage bill won't be down.

Remember in the summer @The Esk went through STCC rules and said we would have to make a profit from a sale to enable us to increase our wages significantly. That profit from the Stones sale has sailed away now.

Come this summer we will be able to increase wages by 7 million ( Premier league STCC rules for TV money ) plus increase in commercial revenues, with the new sponsorship let's say an extra 7 million.

Come summertime if we want to spend big and afford the increase in wages we need to sell someone like Barkley to comply with STCC.

First, our increase in commercial revenue is supposed to be 300% of shirt revenue plus others. The increase in the shirt alone is 10 million, so lets us that figure.

Theres one thing you are forgetting, and that is that all of the players that have gone out, have mostly gone out on loan. That means they are still on our wage bill, and if they then sell, or come off of contract in the summer window, and lets say we save 5 million on their wages next season, we have 7+10+5 million we can use to pay new players, for a total of 22 million. That is significant.

Come this summer we will be able to increase wages by 7 million ( Premier league STCC rules for TV money ) plus increase in commercial revenues, with the new sponsorship let's say an extra 7 million.

So we'll only be able to increase the wage bill by 270k a week without outgoings?
Woe is us.

Not an excuse I will be finding acceptable mate, honestly.

I completely agree too. Koeman has kept the good parts of both Moyes and Martinez's reigns whilst adding a sprinkle of his flavour. We are performing well and don't see the need to add massive numbers in the summer.
Let's not forget our U23's are likely to win PL2 so the future is bright.

It would only be a 3 million pound profit unfortunately according to @The Esk
we bought him for 13mio in summer 2013...I think his asset value would have been depreciated over the intervening fin year periods to show current book value around 3 mio (???...I'm conjecturing here). Thus a sale around 18mio brings about a 15mio profit. With the 7mio from TV moneys, plus the new Uzbekistan sponsorship, I suggest wage growth won't present too many financial headaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back