Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great transfer window that. Can't complain with the quality we got in the lack of quality we shifted out.

AND we got our business done nice and early...which is what we all wanted right?

BUT...I know that doesn't make a very exciting TDD

Someone with a better memory than me will be able to recount exacts but pochetino seemed to do something similar to this at spurs. Granted they had a bigger & better squad but quite simply if Ronald either doesn't fancy you or your aren't contributing then there are new rules & they don't involve Everton football club.

Lukaku: Hello? Hello? ...Raiola?.... whens the next international break?
agent: errrm March why?
Lukaku: get me some interviews lined up, "nothing will be the same" my arse.. and while you are at it get me auld fella on the line!
Lukaku: wait up what, kone has gone
Raiola: what
Lukaku: I want to stay, my place is safe. lol

Don't think anyone has ever got rid of so much dead wood in two windows, very good youth players to be given a chance and the wage bill slashed, more than happy myself.

Are we skint or something.

We seem to be loaning out everyone bar the starting 11.

They were all utter rubbish anyway. Bar the potential talent of del boy i suppose. Its good that we did a clear out. It was badly needed. A few more need to go and 2/4 players who can go straight into first 11 needed.

Can't wait to hear all the good stuff tomorrow. "The right player wasn't available", "we tried, just weren't the terms we wanted", "Summer will be an important window for us", "we have money to spend just need to spend it on the right people." Same old Everton.

But for once we've actually ended a January window in good stead. For once so just think of it as a bonus aye mate? Let summer be what summer is.

Hello my Friend.

You are not considering the players on loan that will "bump" up our STCC levels in the summer, coupled with the money from the sales of Jags, McCarthy and Lukaku, plus the vastly improved commercial deals, STCC will be the least of our worries this Summer.

It will be significant, but we had a profit of in excess of 40 million to go wild with and take advantage of and never.

It would need the selling of Rom or Barkley to enable a spending spree of paying top wages to get players in.

Says a lot when the most 'excitement' on here has been our 'out' rather than our 'ins' during the window. What cannot be denied we have moved a lot of players on who were just a drain on our resources, but alternatively there is a sense of disappointment that we didn't strengthen the squad further, especially considering the comments by koeman after the Chelsea cup tie. Saying that I'm delighted with lookman and schneiderlin, but overall I'd give the window a 6/10. I'm just hoping our failure to invest further doesn't hinder our euro chances in the remainder of the season.

Soon as Koeman said a while back he won't bring in players just for the sake of signing someone we should have known we were done. I'm happy with that approach; saves us having another mass cull every two windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back