Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems nobody was willing to sell any players you would call "of note". The Son of God signing for Sitteh aside, there's been no real major signings by anyone. Morgs the biggest signing of the window. Weird transfer market but not unusual for January.

Players In
Maarten Stekelenburg
Morgan Schneiderlin
Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Ademola Lookman
Yannick Bolasie
Ashley Williams
Enner Valencia(Loan)
Anton Donker(Loan)

Players Out
Bryan Oviedo
John Stones
Darron Gibson
Tom Cleverley(Loan)
Gerard Deulofeu(Loan)
Aiden McGeady(Loan)
Arouna Kone(Loan)
Shani Tarashaj(Loan)
Oumar Niasse(Loan)

8 Ins 9 Outs

Thats our main business over 2 windows, for people who care about such things, a net spend of roughly minus 8m, give or take a few pennies, based on sale prices of garbo that wont be coming back.

The question is, has the squad been improved or weakened.

I vote stronger.

Stronger too.

And in a relatively short space of time. We'll only get stronger now too.

I find myself with reasons to consider this window a positive, I thought we did some good overall business in the summer window, Yala getting injured maybe took the gloss off the whole thing with his injury, I know the lad has his knockers and we defo overpaid for the lad, but I think he would have been making a major contribution, so its a shame.

We had Mosh then coming out talking about Monopoly money and 60m bids for CBs and other little snippets of signings like the boys Depay and Dafoldil, all in all we signed a very good CM, a very exciting prospect and of course shifted some utterly horrific players who we thankfully will never have to watch enter a pitch in blue again.

All in all im left feeling a little bit meh, we have done some good business in places but we have yet again left the squad weak in some pretty key areas, but ok, this is football.

We have 16 games to go, time will judge whether Ronnys decisions will bite us on the arse, but the most important thing is that we are now left with not a single excuse I would find acceptable in the summer to not do some serious business and improve the squad all over the place.

If the stadium goes ahead Goat that could be used as a reason not to spend big money in the Summer.

Massively positive window, all those bemoaning were also quick to bemoan our army of deadwood. What would you prefer more deadwood? The next few months will give a few youngsters the opportunity to cement squad places next year, whilst we hopefully make some major key additions to allow us to grow in the summer.

Miracle if we get any of them in the Summer...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...ton-sheffield-wednesday-george-hirst-12536418

Everton forced to wait in George Hirst pursuit
Blues keen on Sheffield Wednesday's teenage striker
BYPHIL KIRKBRIDE
  • 21:49, 31 JAN 2017
  • UPDATED21:51, 31 JAN 2017
Everton look as though they will have to shelve plans to move for George Hirst until the summer.

Under-23s boss David Unsworth has identified the Sheffield Wednesday teenager as the striker he wants to bolster their attack.

Hirst, 17, has been in red-hot form this season and has been rewarded with his first-team debut with the Championship club.

The England u-18 international is highly valued by Wednesday who made it clear they were unwilling to cash in on the son of club legend David.

Everton target Sheffield Wednesday teenager George Hirst

GettyImages-628354388.jpg

Tosin Adarabioyo of Manchester City
Everton, however, remain undeterred and will revive their interest in Hirst in the summer.

The Blues also appear as though they will miss out on the January signing of Manchester City defender Tosin Adarabioyo.

Unsworth is keen on the 19-year-old centre-back, whose deal with City is up at the end of the season.

Everton were hoping to capitalise on stalled contract talks but will now have to monitor developments at the Etihad as City mull over their next move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back