Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickford would be a good signing, imagine he would be very expensive... though I'd rather be paying for players we are getting good years out of than continue splurging money on players with no resale value. No chance of a January buy though, surely?

Is that Ghezzal still on the radar? Never seen him play but him/Depay might be a nice change of pace to Mirallas, Lennon etc and hopefully have more than one trick up their sleeve.

Desperately need a centre midfield football player and a striker too.

Be it January or summer, it's going to be a long tough window.

You haven't really thought this through have you?

Obviously we're not going to get rid of all of those players. A lot of them will struggle to find clubs prepared to pay their wages. If Oviedo was sold I wouldn't see baines at the same time
and if jags goes then we couldn't sell fm until we had another ch come in. Would we miss any of those players at the
minute? What I am saying is that is the list of players I would be open to offers on which reduces our wages and frees up places for youth to play a more prominent part. Think I mentioned letting baines go would only be possible if Galloway was back who I would trust over baines to stop crosses coming in.

Pickford would be a good signing, imagine he would be very expensive... though I'd rather be paying for players we are getting good years out of than continue splurging money on players with no resale value. No chance of a January buy though, surely?

Is that Ghezzal still on the radar? Never seen him play but him/Depay might be a nice change of pace to Mirallas, Lennon etc and hopefully have more than one trick up their sleeve.

Desperately need a centre midfield football player and a striker too.

Be it January or summer, it's going to be a long tough window.
Is he fast?;)lol

January wish list:

Pickford VVD and Schneiderlin - immediately strengthens the whole spine of the team. Depay? Could turn out to be mince but worth a punt on loan given Mirallas seems to have forgotten how to play football.
A club psychologist/hypnotist - to tell Gerri he can manage a full game and tell Ross he can make a tackle without his leg shattering into pieces.
A decent back up striker - we cant rely on Lukaku solely and when he stinks the gaffe out likeat southampton last week he needs to be hooked off. Would be happy with a cheap option to see us through the season like Remy or Austin or if we could get Iheanacho on loan from City that would be ace.

Outs:
Gibbo - Actually rate him as a player but he is robbing a living from us.
McCarthy - Anything more than 10 mill just get rid of the glorified crab and his rosy cheeks
McGeady - just pay him to not darken the door again
Henen - Apparently intrest from RedBull Leipzig - lets see who they have that we can do a deal with.
Oviedo - shame as I really like him and think he got better during the run of games he had but he isnt the same player that scored against Utd
Jags - Legs have gone, get him out before the wolves really tear into him
Funes Mori - better attacking than defending, massive problem for a ch.
Cleverly - not too bothered if he stays or goes - is not the carthorse he is made out to be on here but by no means the messiah either.
Mirallas - no real attacking threat anymore, just doesnt look dangerous.
Baines - think time has caught up with him - more injured and doesnt get up the line like he did. If we can get Galloway back Id be happy enough to see Leigthon go off to Sunderland with Jags and help them stay up.

Quite a few out which makes space for some of the youth to provide competition for places.

Was with you there for a while, but think it got away from you towards the end?

Snodgrass only has 6 months left on his contract. He has a 1 in 3 strike rate this season as well, and that's playing for Hull who are bound to be relegated. I think he would be a good signing at the right price. I think we would need to get rid of one from Lennon, Mirallas or Deulofeu before bringing him in though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back