January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schneiderlin, VVD, Depay, 2 players he's worked with in the past that he and they have both spoke highly of each other, and one whom he's made an effort to sign before and made numerous comments on wanting.

Either lazy journalism or a sign he's targetting players he's got a good understanding of being able to work in his system.

You'd have to hope that all 3 we'd know before going ahead of the player is actually wanting the move given his connection with them...

Club can't afford anymore sissoko type farce in January

A centre back or wait till the summer?I would give Holgate and Galloway a go next to Williams personally.Sell MorI.

...that could be a disastrous gamble. We are crawling towards 20 points which is a minimum requirement at Christmas. Make no mistake, a relegation fight could be on the cards if we continue our current form. Galloway has struggled at WBA, Holgate didn't stand out at CB for the U23 at Southampton. If we go with one of them rather than buy in January there is no turning back.

Waiting until the summer is high risk with the current squad.

Schneiderlin, VVD, Depay, 2 players he's worked with in the past that he and they have both spoke highly of each other, and one whom he's made an effort to sign before and made numerous comments on wanting.

Either lazy journalism or a sign he's targetting players he's got a good understanding of being able to work in his system.

You'd have to hope that all 3 we'd know before going ahead of the player is actually wanting the move given his connection with them...

Going for players he has worked with before and trusts might be the way forward for January and I would love both at the club. Reports suggest that Depay is likely to happen also. That would be a good start for me.

Going for players he has worked with before and trusts might be the way forward for January and I would love both at the club. Reports suggest that Depay is likely to happen also. That would be a good start for me.

Agree scheiderlin was absolutely superb under koeman as well, ran there games.

Reactions: JLW

Schneiderlin and Depay I think are more than just lazy journalism.

VVD - no chance.

We've missed the boat with VVD, when he leave Southampton it'll be to United or the RS.

@BlueToff

What we should have done is bid for VVD in the summer once Napoli told us that Koulibaly wasnt for sale.

Carvalho would have made a massive difference to us as well and if we were bidding £30mil for Sissoko then he wasnt out of reach either.

Now i think he must go for players he knows very well if only to just change the mentality at the club and have guys who know what he wants and deliver.

Schneiderlin and Depay I think are more than just lazy journalism.

VVD - no chance.

tend to agree on that the only caveat would be just how close VVD is to Koe man, from comments the other day about speaking all the time then it seems to go a lot further than we would have thought. Logic would suggest city, Chelsea etc would go for him, but if they didn't then pretty sure the rs won't at least not at the price it'd take, which leaves the door slightly ajar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back