January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would take a shot at bringing in VVD, heck I'd throw a bid out for Niklas Sule, guy is big, quick and would be a great addition to our back 4. For the rest of the field I would like to bring in another striker up front to complement Rom... I would take a shot at Depay if the price was right. The guys we were linked to this summer I'm unsure of since they have not produced much this season.

Hell no to Sissoko, just read a rumor he may leave in January and Everton are interested. Koeman and Moshiri should turn their phones off if he calls.

I would take a shot at bringing in VVD, heck I'd throw a bid out for Niklas Sule, guy is big, quick and would be a great addition to our back 4. For the rest of the field I would like to bring in another striker up front to complement Rom... I would take a shot at Depay if the price was right. The guys we were linked to this summer I'm unsure of since they have not produced much this season.

Hell no to Sissoko, just read a rumor he may leave in January and Everton are interested. Koeman and Moshiri should turn their phones off if he calls.

False. They should answer, tell him to pack his bags, say we'll send a plane, and then never show up to get him...then they turn their phones off.

Looks like one of my choices for us, Wilfred Ndidi from Gent, is off to Leicester for £15m.

Should really be in for him, 19 year old central defensive midfielder or centre back.

VVD I can't see happening in the slightest. Didn't we waiver when he was at Celtic at a fraction of what will be needed to buy him now. Since then he has improved while we have gone the other way.
Love to have him but can't see it happening.

We are not signing VVD, he jas just signed a 6 year deal so your looking at Stones type money or even more. Liverpool wouldnt spend that much on a CB either, probably end up at Chelsea or Utd.

Echo saying we want a keeper in Jan but nobody will let a top keeper go then.

That being said he clearly has an eye for a player, from Southampton alone; Forster, Clyne, VVD, Alderweireld, Bertrand, Romeu, Wanyama, Tadic, Mane all picked up with some change form 100 million quid. Most of us would say that team is a striker away from being a league title contender.

I remember raising an eyebrow on some of the above signings that's for sure. Particularly lads like Clyne, Forster and Bertrand who I felt he overpaid for.

Being slightly pedantic, I agree with your point overall that he made some decent signings, but Koeman didn't sign Clyne or Wanyama and Alderweireld was only on loan at Southampton

VVD I can't see happening in the slightest. Didn't we waiver when he was at Celtic at a fraction of what will be needed to buy him now. Since then he has improved while we have gone the other way.
Love to have him but can't see it happening.

Can you imagine if we did sign him? Martinez "coaching" would probably have meant he would be getting linked to a move back to Celtic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back