January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
...report McCarthy wants out but I would think a summer move will benefit us more;

http://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com...re-to-leave-everton-transfer-newcastle-celtic

Gathering rumours about Dembele from Celtic to the Reds. I know a few of us put his name out there when he broke through at Fulham, I wonder if he might be a target.
Why the summer. If he's not going to be involved, surely we would be better getting him out now.

Looks like we are going after another midfielder, and with Davies coming through & (walsh, though he may have to wait till next season)
I'd get rid of McCarthy cleverly & Gibson in Jan.

Why the summer. If he's not going to be involved, surely we would be better getting him out now.

Looks like we are going after another midfielder, and with Davies coming through & (walsh, though he may have to wait till next season)
I'd get rid of McCarthy cleverly & Gibson in Jan.

..I say the summer because the fee would count towards the 'income' that informs our salary spend next season (under fair play rules).

I did read the piece @The Esk did in the summer. But I'm not sure how it works window to window.

...I'm no expert myself but from what I understand, salary is dependent on club income (including transfers). The Stones money from last summer is still effective for this window so we have a lot of 'credit'. Any transfer income generated in this window will not count for the summer.

I'm sure somebody will say if I have that wrong.

Being Everton it'll be Tom Ince and Callum McManaman. Two more headless-chicken wingers. I'd take Schneiderlin in a second.

Me too. If Schneiderlin is available we would be mental to not go for it. May be the only time we could get him.

Would be more than happy to take both, mind.

We clearly need a central midfielder to replace Barry in the long-term, though with Gueye going to ACON it's even more of a priority.

Same goes for Bolasie. He'll be away for 3 weeks to a month and so another attacking option is needed.

Striker and centre-back brought in and we'd have had a great window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back