January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

He reminds me of Naismith, with a lot more flair.

Honestly mate ive seen him for about 2/3 years now scoring for fun as a midfielder, I thought naahh to old for Everton when we have Ross. Now that I have been corrected I think we should be all over him, simply because he will have a re-sale value (point about age) or he will simply develop into a cracking player.
Your right about Naismith, except as mikey says, he has more flair and consistency.

"Heads will roll if we don,t learn from our summer transfer window"

....you would think/hope targets have been identified and perhaps some groundwork done to assess the lay of the land. To be fair, the summer was difficult as RK and more specifically SW had not worked with the squad to identify weaknesses and replacements.

How the Everton team should look like at the end of January
........................Stek......
....... Holgate...VVD...Williams..........
Coleman...Schneiderlin..Gana....Baines..
................Barkley...Siguurdson.........
.......................Lukaku..............

How the Everton team should look like at the end of January
........................Stek......
....... Holgate...VVD...Williams..........
Coleman...Schneiderlin..Gana....Baines..
................Barkley...Siguurdson.........
.......................Lukaku..............

We wont be getting Sigi mate.

He had his chance in the Summer but stayed with Swansea.

He reminds me of Naismith, with a lot more flair.

If Naismith had the ability Klaassen has we would never have gotten rid of him. Heck, I know i would rather be putting him in than Valencia. Plus he played his rear end off - the skill was just a bit lacking.

Klaassen to me is a good option. I agree with all of the Sigurdsson/Rooney shouts as i think a player who can play the 10, as a second striker or in a pinch up front alone is a more value added option at this point - January - than signing another striker (don't know who we could get that would be worth it - lets see what happens with Rom in the summer and then get two if needed). Problem is Sigurdsson/Rooney are both unlikely.

At 23 Klaassen could be an appropriate value.

My guess is we have avoided players like him in the past so as not to interfere with Ross' growth. I don't think we can afford to do that anymore.

Plus he would restore our albino quotient.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back