January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
fast forward 8 weeks to the headline STOKE SIGN SCHNEIDERLIN

January 31st, 2017

"Stoke City have edged out competition from West Brom and Everton to land Manchester United misfit Morgan Schneiderlin on a three-and-a-half-year contract.

"The Potters, who currently sit in mid-table, sealed the signature of the former Southampton midfielder after agreeing a £22million fee with United, seeing off Everton's offer of £21.9million and a tube of pringles, despite the fact that Schneiderlin had already passed his medical at Finch Farm and looked all set to sign for Ronald Koeman's side until the deal collapsed at the last minute.

"It is unclear as to why exactly Schneiderlin's move to Merseyside fell through, though it is rumoured that Everton majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri's love for James McCarthy scuppered the deal when the Iranian prevented the Scottish-born Republic of Ireland international securing a loan switch to Celtic by locking the 26-year-old in his private office.

And Schneiderlin will get the chance to prove just what the Toffees missed out on tomorrow, as Mark Hughes' side play host to Everton at the Britannia."

Pickford, Schneiderlin and Sigurdsson would be a fantastic window. Gylfi, sadly, is unlikely, but Davy Klaassen might be worth a look.

I like Klassen but I think he is 29/30 years old ? We need to be bringing in youthful hungry players that want to make a name for themselves and Everton.

You know what, I genuinely met a freelance scout who did a bit for Everton once. Said we'd sent him to watch Dembele at Fulham a few times and we were quite interested.

Then we bought Niasse instead.

Leave the scouting to me and @Zatara, we will have a world class team in two seasons with an average age of 16.

Lets go on a European tour Zat. (although border control might want to know why we have a list of young men in our suitcase....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back