January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mirror reporting interest in VVD and saying he has a £25mill release clause, which I cant believe as surely this would have been activated in the summer.

Express saying we have asked for Depay and Rooney

If Van Dijk does have a £25m release clause, my word... we should be all over that, preferably at 12:01am on January 1st.

I just cant see it. Chelsea and ourselves were desperate for a quality CB this summer, both ready to pay extortionate prices for Koulibaly. Chelsea ended up with Luiz and us Williams. If VVD was available for that price, surely one of us would have went for him.

Unless its only for clubs in the CL?? That coukd be the only reason and if thats the case, we wont be signing him anyway.

Bit of a strange one

I just cant see it. Chelsea and ourselves were desperate for a quality CB this summer, both ready to pay extortionate prices for Koulibaly. Chelsea ended up with Luiz and us Williams. If VVD was available for that price, surely one of us would have went for him.

Unless its only for clubs in the CL?? That coukd be the only reason and if thats the case, we wont be signing him anyway.

Bit of a strange one

they also spent a shedload on marcos alonso. I suppose he's more of a full back, but i've always thought he was a centre back too.

If Van Dijk does have a £25m release clause, my word... we should be all over that, preferably at 12:01am on January 1st.
I do like VVD but let's not make him out to be a world beater because he had lukaku in his pocket last week. Talking to a palace mate of mine he was average at best up against benteke yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back