January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Napoli fans can't wait to get rid. I really don't know what Koeman/Walsh see in him apart from his left foot. Zaza was rated much higher than him and look how he's doing at West Ham. Hope we won't sign him.

If he puts in performances like he did the other night he'd fit straight into our side and would be exactly the type of player who compliments Lukaku...

If he puts in performances like he did the other night he'd fit straight into our side and would be exactly the type of player who compliments Lukaku...
I think Koeman sees him as an alternative to Del/Lennon on the right side. Koeman does not seem to rate either of them and with Bolaisie gone to acon we are not left with a winger he likes, much less two....

Plus there is the versatility factor as he can also line up at the 10 or up top.

Summary time...

Here is a list of players we are supposedly in for (meaning here is a list of players we likely will not be signing.....)

GK: Pickford
CB: VVD, Keane
LB: Taylor, Robertson
CM: Schneiderlin, Strootman
AM: Rooney
W: Depay, Gabbiadini, Young, Ghezzal
ST: Lookman, Dolberg, Azmoun

Interesting mix. Would bet there are more players from Italy and Portugal being vetted.

Tbh would be happy with either CB, either CM and Gabbiadini for a winter window.

Summary time...

Here is a list of players we are supposedly in for (meaning here is a list of players we likely will not be signing.....)

Interesting mix. Would bet there are more players from Italy and Portugal being vetted.

Tbh would be happy with either CB, either CM and Gabbiadini for a winter window.
I agree with every name you have mention there mate,

If VVD has a 25 mil release clause- can't understand why we weren't in for him in the summer, unless there was some kind of agreement in place that koeman wouldn't go back for players in the summer. Think the noises that he has made with regards to his relationship with koeman give us more of a chance than people think.
Schneiderlin would be a great signing. Absolutely no to Ashley Young though.
See Moyes was talking up Pickford again yesterday, very much his modus operandi at Everton to talk players up to get the best prices for them.
I'm sure there will be some unknown players that Walsh has been scouting that we will be in for and if they turn out half as good as gueye we'll be in business.

I think Koeman sees him as an alternative to Del/Lennon on the right side. Koeman does not seem to rate either of them and with Bolaisie gone to acon we are not left with a winger he likes, much less two....

Plus there is the versatility factor as he can also line up at the 10 or up top.

Hmm. I'd have thought he sees him as another forward to compliment Lukaku if anything mate.

An actual back-up striker...

Hmm. I'd have thought he sees him as another forward to compliment Lukaku if anything mate.

An actual back-up striker...
Could be, but a couple of seasons ago he was very productive as a right wing. Think he knocked in about 15 in 2014/15 from that spot.

At any rate he seems to have the ability to play both.

Summary time...

Gabbiadini is a striker mate. And not a great one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back