January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

They may well be great players mate, honestly don't watch the Bundesliga so have no clue, just think the chances that Germany has suddenly produced what 'appears' to some to be about 5-6 world class keepers all at the same time seems really unlikely, as i said karius was being hyped as Germany's 2nd or 3rd best keeper last season by the rs, turns out he is actually pretty terrible, Stegen, Horn, Leno.

Zieler another one who got touted, moved to Leicester, lost 5 drew one of the last 6 he's started - conceded 16, so maybe not exactly a world beater either.

If/When we go for a new keeper - more likely during the summer, then much rather we went for Butland/Forster/Pickford even if they may cost a bit more than bringing in a touted keeper whose never played in the league who'd be more of a gamble (yeah could end up with a Lloris or DeGea but thats unlikely)

Leno is the one but he signed a long extension and is having a poor season.

Karius was good, not great last season.

Anno mate. Can't believe people want to talk about new players. Unreal. It's a joke really.

not the fact of not talking about it, it is the fact that the thread will be round 400 pages by the time the window opens and then will be 4 weeks of fume from people posting regularly in here that we aren't signing anyone.

Forgetting, you know, every other january when we sign like one player on deadline day and that is that. Only one in i think literally years where we signed more than one in January, jelavic and piennar an even then that was 2 years without signing anyone.

I know he got a goal yesterday. But I thought he was poor, his decision's at times were shocking.

I'm sure I read somewhere that he went a year without a goal or assist.
He's had his fair share on injuries so that's probably not helped in that department. I though he was good yesterday, made the wrong choice a few times but he was getting past defenders and into positions where he had to make those choices. Every time he got the ball he was looking to go forward which is great to see

not the fact of not talking about it, it is the fact that the thread will be round 400 pages by the time the window opens and then will be 4 weeks of fume from people posting regularly in here that we aren't signing anyone.

Forgetting, you know, every other january when we sign like one player on deadline day and that is that. Only one in i think literally years where we signed more than one in January, jelavic and piennar an even then that was 2 years without signing anyone.

Why does it matter to you though? If it really, for whatever reason annoys you, just don't click on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back