January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it's strongly rumoured we're keeping Niasse, Kone, Cleverly and Gibson.

Drinks bleach and slits throat.
cqp47es.gif

I think our spending expectations (as fans) have to be lower for a January transfer window as teams will be more reluctant to sell rather than loan, especially from and to another premier league team.
100 million is farfetched, 40 mill is probably whats needed, 25/30 mill (net) is what im expecting.
Although i would love to be proven wrong as long as no panic buys are involved.

I think our spending expectations (as fans) have to be lower for a January transfer window as teams will be more reluctant to sell rather than loan, especially from and to another premier league team.
100 million is farfetched, 40 mill is probably whats needed, 25/30 mill (net) is what im expecting.
Although i would love to be proven wrong as long as no panic buys are involved.

So you aren't expecting Moshiri to invest any money then? Why would you be expecting only a 30 million spend, when we have just bid 60 million pound for a single player?

Our world record breaking 60 million pound bid for Koulibally. I personally think we should go for two or three 20 - 30 million pound players, rather than wax it all on just the one player.
Good gravy!!!!. This is new information.

So you aren't expecting Moshiri to invest any money then? Why would you be expecting only a 30 million spend, when we have just bid 60 million for a single player?

Because of the nature of the January transfer window. I believe Mosh will attempt to invest, but unsuccessfully in this midseason market. At least at the level we're currently expecting.
Again, I'm hoping to be proven wrong and want nothing more than us buying a 40+ player. But im expecting depay + 2 less expensive (under 15mill) players with the sale of cleverly and (hopefully) niasse will bring the total to 30 net.
But who knows...

Our world record breaking 60 million pound bid for Koulibally. I personally think we should go for two or three 20 - 30 million pound players, rather than wax it all on just the one player.

See i'm the opposite, that would be our Robinho moment. We need a massive statement to open the floodgates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back