January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon Saints have done a Liverpool - Van Dijk has a £25mill release clause, but Liverpool cannot meet it. They should do that with all their new players.

If we ain't parading at least 2 players at half game against the Leicester in the FA Cup I'm going to be so angry.

We need so many new players in asap, we'll be in serious trouble if we don't get the numbers we need and early in Jan.

Hello and Welcome to the first edition of a now weekly show called "Goats transfer spotlight"

Todays hot players are :

GK Stéphane Ruffier
RB Ricardo Domingos Barbosa Pereira
LB Fernando Marçal Oliveira
CB Virgil van Dijk
CB Willi Orban
DM Diego Demme
CM Fábio Henrique Tavares
CM Giacomo "Jack" Bonaventura
RW Mohamed Salah Ghaly
CF Andrea Belotti
LW Karl Toko Ekambi

Tune in this time next week to see who stays and who goes.

Just so everybody is aware of the players we need this window, I wont be entertaining any talk of anybody not on the list.

United, City or Chelsea wouldnt even blink I am afraid. @Mikey_Fitzgerald was bang on the money with this lad. He is a PL player now, not looking for a step up or "project".

Oh very well. The only advantage for Everton is his relationship with Koeman and being a starter at this club so yes I would not bet he will join our "project".

Don't care what a player costs if he improved us. 60 grand or 60 million it's about the individual we get in to the everton way

Agreed. But the risk will be higher if we spend our 60 million all in one go, rather than spreading the risk between two or three 20 - 30 million pound players. It also restricts us from improving other positions that also require urgent improvement.

Last edited:

Just so everybody is aware of the players we need this window, I wont be entertaining any talk of anybody not on the list.

Costil has 6 months left in his contract and is the understudy to Lloris in the French team. Any idea if he is any good Mouts?

Oh very well. The only advantage for Everton is his relationship with Koeman and being a starter at this club so yes I would not bet he will join our "project".

Fair point, that might carry some weight.

Thing is, the pathway is well defined now. European league, make a name, "minor" PL side come in, look good, serious, trophy winning PL sides sniff. And unfortunately, we are currently at "minor" PL side to 99% of foreign footballers.

I'd be happy with one genuine consistent talent, somebody who excites you and is a match winner.

I know we need more, but this current squad just engenders a sense of collective ennui.

Fair point, that might carry some weight.

Thing is, the pathway is well defined now. European league, make a name, "minor" PL side come in, look good, serious, trophy winning PL sides sniff. And unfortunately, we are currently at "minor" PL side to 99% of foreign footballers.

Indeed. Harsh realty. That's why I think the first step we need to do is to get a EL spot this season. Take it step by step and let Koeman to build his team and hopefully we can win a cup or get CL by the end of his third season. Of course it also depends if Moshiri can aid Koeman for buying these players who will have the quality to help us to push on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back