January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't need anymore 30+ centre backs.

I'm not arsed how old they are as long as they're better than Mori and Jagielka.

Fonte is.

That being said, I don't think we'll be in for him. I think he was one of the first options in the summer and we enquired, but went for Williams in the end.

One year and 5 months, precisely. Another aging defender.

Irrelevent if they're good.

I'd rather spend £5mil on Fonte - a European Championship winning defender - than have to risk playing Mori.

The main issue is pace, however. We've seen when Jags and Williams are in together how slow it can be.

Will go the same way as a snowball in the oven now.

IF there is a clause, then I am afraid unless we are the only side in for him, (unlikely), he will be Manchester or West London bound.

Or our money man can double his wages. No one can resist a fat contract. Wishful thinking...

Irrelevant if they're good.

I'd rather spend £5mil on Fonte - a European Championship winning defender - than have to risk playing Mori.

The main issue is pace, however. We've seen when Jags and Williams are in together how slow it can be.

For that reason, I don't think we'll be in for him.

Actually I deem Fonte is a good defender. Just aging...aging defender tends to go downhill pretty quickly. We have an example in our team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back