January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
...as last summer, a few links with Zach Clough, the Bolton striker. Probably regurgitating old headlines but it is interesting that we are mentioned with a number of young players and I wonder if it is a strategy.

The fact that not one other PL club took to Hart tells me there was something off-putting about that deal for everybody.

I imagine that is wages.

City most-likely wouldn't subsidise his wages for another Prem team, but they have with Torino - I think they're paying about 40%

The fact that not one other PL club took to Hart tells me there was something off-putting about that deal for everybody.

I imagine that is wages.

City most-likely wouldn't subsidise his wages for another Prem team, but they have with Torino - I think they're paying about 40%

Yeah but we were told selling Stones was essential so we could sign players on Hart's wages.

I think that was bollocks to be honest and we won't pay what's required.

Yeah but we were told selling Stones was essential so we could sign players on Hart's wages.

I think that was bollocks to be honest and we won't pay what's required.

Absolutely mate.

There was never going to be any real spend before Stones was sold. We won't pick up Hart's wages either.

Myself included I'll admit.

But he came with PL and international experience. Bolton are in the third tier.

It's not a signing of an ambitious club. But who knows.

....yep, who knows how these things turn out. It's the reason I'm not really forming an opinion on any targets as long as RK and SW want them and feel they will fit the way he wants us to play. It is interesting, though, that we are linked to young prospects. The links might be wrong but if there is a drive to bring in such talent you would think RK has bought into the approach.

I don't mind young Clough, he's a Robbie Keane type but as you indicate it's a massive leap of faith.

....yep, who knows how these things turn out. It's the reason I'm not really forming an opinion on any targets as long as RK and SW want them and feel they will fit the way he wants us to play. It is interesting, though, that we are linked to young prospects. The links might be wrong but if there is a drive to bring in such talent you would think RK has bought into the approach.

I don't mind young Clough, he's a Robbie Keane type but as you indicate it's a massive leap of faith.

We definitely need to lower the age of our squad. But can't really afford to take too many punts on lower league players. We need quality first and foremost.

The depay one looks pretty nailed on to me. Other than that, I'm not sure who we are looking at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back