Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both had the same agent before Koeman swithced due to his annoyance over his previous agents dealing with coming to us and not keeping him informed apparently, interesting that VVD has made the exact same move to the agent Koeman chose in order to push through him leaving saints, massively increases the chances of us being able to get him - without question.

Still think it's January or bust in terms of getting him, come the Summer a lot of clubs will be looking at him, in the January window a lot of those clubs won't want to make a big change amongst there Cb's with possible the disruption from doing so.

Can get him, Depay and Schneiderlin in and throw money at Ajax for Dolberg and CSKA for Dzagoev and would be doing cartwheels through red square...

Scheniderlin - 18m
Depay - Loan with option to buy for 20m
Dolberg - 20m with a big sell on clause for them
Dzagoev - 15m buyout clause
VVD - 40m

Only 93m with an added 20 if depay works out, should find that down the back of Moshiris sofa...

We are gonna end up with Font and shane long arent we ........

Long and Fonte would be above my expectations

Depay is more of a winger isn't he?

...his goalscroring record (40 goals in 90 games) impressed me at PSV but he's obviously failed to live up to that at United. I like a winger who wants to score goals and Depay got a couple of 6 yard box tap ins that I particularly liked because he gets in those positions.

It appears he's a bit of a big time Charlie character but he can play.

Eerrrrm has he really? Reports are that Roma are wanting to get him to sign one, but nothing about them having anything agreed yet[/QUOTE

Thought he had signed but you're right it's just reported. Seems unlikely to happen now he is playing regularly though our chance to get him was based on taking a risk on his fitness

Bro, VVD has a release clause of £25m ;)

Gut feeling is it isn't that simple with that clause mate, think it will be with stipulations, as in not till the summer, not unless a team in CL activates it or saint dont qualify for europe etc.

IF that is the typoe of clause he has - it could work out beneficially, as saints could sell in the winter for a larger fee than they know they will recieve if the clause becomes active in the summer, as in offer them 40m or something they may take that as they know they can lose him for 25 in the summer and cant do a thing about that, also any buying club will be hesitant to pay a lot more than they could get him for come summer time.

Basically thats are only hope really

He was/is being groomed as the succesor as captain to de rossi as well (who i think is leaving come the summer - out of contract etc), reports are they are trying to sign him and Naingollan(spelling wrong) the belgium centre mid to long term deals, if thats just to protect their value or if its a case of whichever one signs first they will maybe consider selling the other - who knows, but yeah think the only chance we ever had was a big bid before he started showing his form again, and to have tempted roma to cut their losses on the risk he'd break down again.

A fit and in form strootman is way out of our current league in attracting players, he s that good

I think realistically in January your looking at 4 signings max ... I'd like to see Schneiderlin or N'Zonzi ... Depay ... Forster and maybe Gabbadiani .... just based off rumours and common sense... I'd also love to see Galloway come back would boost our defence in 2 positions ... surely him and Holgate are the future of our back 4

There is no way draxler will end up here unfortunately but we should at least try and get him. Let's see if offering him four times his current wages works for him like it did for koeman.

It's pretty clear looking at the starting 11 today Moshiri needs to be spending a good £100-£150 million over the next 2 windows to strengthen this side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back