Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would want to join us at the moment? lol

Come to Everton, where we sit on the edge of our penalty area and hoof it up to a striker who can't hold up the ball.

At this stage Moshiri should probably just sit down with Allardyce to draw up a shortlist of potential signings for January.

The sort you make when the team is absolutely hopeless and we need as many fighters as we can get.

Apart from plummeting down the table, my big concern now is how much of this warchest will have to go on this January salvage mission.

I have naively thought we would be reasonably solid/stable up to Christmas, and whilst we always needed signings in January, it looks like as much as possible of the budget will have to be spent now.

We should be thinking ahead to the summer, but this is critical.

An absolute, utter dogsbody of a mess, a shambles.

I think wages are probably more important, and more of an indicator of our standing and ambition than transfer fees and net spends are. Offering the same wage that Arteta was on in 2007 is not going to attract the type of players that we will need to succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back